Some shots of My Escape

Tom619

hi everyone. these are some shots of my huge 30g tank. i've never had professional photography training, so please let me know what im doing wrong.

camera used was a point-and-shoot Canon SD800

The reef is about 2 years old now.

IMG_8691wwwf.png

IMG_9925d.png

IMG_8968uuuu.png

IMG_9904d.png

IMG_9846d.png

IMG_8924rrrr.png

IMG_9012zzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrr.png

IMG_1470xx.png

IMG_1480.jpg

i've never had professional photography training, so please let me know what im doing wrong.

It doesn't appear to me you are doing anything wrong. You're just being too modest. ;)

a yellow tang and a hippo tang in a 30 gallon... watch out for the Tang Police...

ohhh comon the tang police dont need helpers and clearly they said HUGE 30g ;)

its a good camera a few tips here and there from some experts might help but realy nice pics, tank looks great, time to upgrade!

Edited by Smoothtriqueter

Yawn.............j.k. ZING! WOW looks great!

Wow these look really great! I love them all :]

I'm not sure if you really wanted help or not, because these look amazinggg and it really doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong at all, but in case you were hoping for some constructive criticism, I have a tiny suggestion. I have had no photography training, nor do I claim to be good at it...I JUST got my first camera for Christmas.. :lol:

But anyway, as an artist (not professional, btw), maybe research a little on composition? Like placement of objects, foreground, background, main focus, and other related things....lol I was taught composition in art II in I think 10th or 11th grade and I will never forget it, it's really helped me make my paintings, drawings, and sketches better than I thought they could be. Lol, as for placement of objects though, I can understand that would be a challenge to do much about because I'm sure you don't want to move all your corals around just for a picture, and fish just don't stop swimming... :)

Great pictures, I hope to see more :)

Wow these look really great! I love them all :]

but in case you were hoping for some constructive criticism,

Great pictures, I hope to see more :)

oh ok. thanks

i won some contests in art class in high school myself =]

in fact, my little brother who goes there currently said my artworks are still in the front office :lol2:

it's been yearrss

"Doing wrong?" I think you did great. The focus and color are good, and the composition is very interesting.