140 year old Lobster

reefmontalvo

wow how times change....27 bucks a pound. when the colonies were formed it was considered a peasant food. they just washed up on the beach

That lobster looks tasty

I could finish that bad boy off with 2 of my best friends. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lobster.

They do taste better after the first 100 years.

Go to Ruth Chris and ask for the lobster sampler they litterally give you a whole steamed lobster minus the shell, they are able to spare all the meat in the shell and the taste is out of this world.

Now don't get me wrong, I will go carnivore on a lobster any day of the week.. But, it seems to me Maine has a good idea going. We all understand minimum size limits to make sure enough young make it to adulthood to spawn and continue the population. It would seem that on the opposite end of the spectrum it would be a good idea too. First, with most 'game' animals the older they are the less tasty they get to be. I have had chicken lobsters all the way up to big ol' three pounders... Given the choice, I'd take a pot full of cull chicken lobsters over a big one every day. The idea of leaving the 'biggguns' serves many purposes. First, they generally will produce more ofspring than smaller specimens. Additionally, if you take all of the big old specimens you can potentially eliminate very good genes from the gene pool.

All things considered, I usually do not agree with PETA. However, this time I do agree. The best place for George is back in the ocean.