spawning worms?!

fishcam

EVERYWHERE... every minute I see another puffy cloud of ... love.

Is this gonna screw up my tank?

I'll snap a pick if I can... you perverts.

thanks!

d

I've witnessed a number of those events in various tanks over the years. I figured it had to be some sort of sexual reproduction. Probably good food for the pods- lots of protein.

Just run some carbon for a while and you will be fine. The tank will be cloudy for a while and then clear up. It just food for your corals and other critters. I had this happen to me last Feb around 10 PM or so and freaked out. I was told everything would be fine and once the water cleared up it went back to normal. The cool thing is you can see how big your bristle worms are. I found I have one that is at least 8" long and just over 1/4" wide. The other worms were poofs of smoke his looked rather gross to say the least.

If it looked like this you are fine...

2068286630048177406S600x600Q85.jpg

2794005860048177406S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope that helps,

Henry

Edited by NightOwl

hey thanks every one! i changed the carbon and wished my pod population the best. if any do reproduce i guess my melanarus and cbb will have a field day!

Just run some carbon for a while and you will be fine. The tank will be cloudy for a while and then clear up. It just food for your corals and other critters. I had this happen to me last Feb around 10 PM or so and freaked out. I was told everything would be fine and once the water cleared up it went back to normal. The cool thing is you can see how big your bristle worms are. I found I have one that is at least 8" long and just over 1/4" wide. The other worms were poofs of smoke his looked rather gross to say the least.

If it looked like this you are fine...

2068286630048177406S600x600Q85.jpg

2794005860048177406S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope that helps,

Henry

Steamy!!

bob

I am so afraid of these things. They remind me of centipedes, and you wouldn't want to be around me if i see i centipede--you'll go deaf.

*shudders*

HaHa! I'm not afraid of them but I am allergic to them. They sting the crap out of me and make my fingers swell up if I don't wear gloves while handling LR.

I have seen them spawn several times with no ill effects. I think one of the coolest things is watching mini brittle stars stand on the ends of their legs and get carried across the tank by current... by the hundreds.