New Picasso Clownfish

phisigs79

Got this guy today!! My camera skills need some work.

gallery_621_232_702087.jpg

gallery_621_232_893311.jpg

gallery_621_232_594385.jpg

Im waiting on Chip :biggrin: But my other percula loves my toadstool

Edited by phisigs79

my pair hosted a ridge hammer....they always go for the big pieces of food and takes it back to their host..

• 1 month later...

So my Picasso went missing two days ago and I couldn't find a body. Go to look in the sump and the fish was dead on the floor. My tank is built in wall with only the back exposed. Whats the chance that the fish decided to jump out the back. That was a quick $80 down the drain. Man this sucks!

Man that sucks. I think he got bullied or something.

Have you tried putting a 3 or 4 inch wide eggcrate around the edge like a Eurobrace? I have a Tech 120. I had some fished jump into the overflow which I saved but no carpet surfers yet. I think the eurobrace helped because most likely the fishes are hugging the glass at the edges until it decides

to jump for whatever reason.

I never saw him get bullied by any fish and i have a 2 inch eurobrace around my tank. Guess i need to put some egg crate on the back. The fish did swim near the surface at night so maybe i scared him when i let my dog out in the morning

I never saw him get bullied by any fish and i have a 2 inch eurobrace around my tank. Guess i need to put some egg crate on the back. The fish did swim near the surface at night so maybe i scared him when i let my dog out in the morning

I had a clownfish "twitch" itself out of the tank at night....sleeping up in the corner.

Once they began hosting in the anemone though...hasn't happened since.

So sorry for your loss, though...that's a real bummer!

Maybe LFSs can start selling "hosting Picassos" and their anemones for even bigger bucks! :)

Tracy

Edited by zotzer

Chris, thats a bummer. I feel your pain. I have a pair of B&W clowns in my frg tank and one them decided to jump 2 nights ago. Found him DOA behind the tank the next day.... sucks