Typhoon 3 Performance

Vader

I just wanted to say that your Typhoon 3 is a very well built product and I'm very pleased with its performance. This was my first time buying a RO/DI unit and it was highly recommended from the people at WAMAS. Over this last week, I have filtered about 130 gallons into my tank, 2 water containers and the sump. The TDS going in is 124ppm and there are 0ppm coming out. The filters look like they're finished, but it keeps on going. Once the tank is going through the cycling phase, I'll be purchasing the dual TDS monitor from your web-site.

Here is a pic of the Typhoon 3 after about 130 gallons. Oh, and by the way, my wife can't believe what those filters are picking up. I don't think she'll ever drink tap water again.

Keep up the good work guys.

gallery_2631516_394_59682.jpg

Whew! What do you have in that water there? My Typhoon III doesn't look nearly that dirty after 6 months of use! Aren't you glad that you're not dumping that into your tank?

One of my filters is about as dirty as the 2nd from the left in your pic. My tap water has a tds of 35-60 (higher end when it's rained a bunch) from the tap. I'll second loving these units. I ordered the compact and I'm about to order a re-fillable add on DI to do away with the in-line.

Whew! What do you have in that water there? My Typhoon III doesn't look nearly that dirty after 6 months of use! Aren't you glad that you're not dumping that into your tank?

And it's not well water either.......crazy stuff man

Of all of the systems I have seen in peoples homes, that has got to be the worst I have seen. That's just nasty.

And it's not well water either.......crazy stuff man

My initial thought was that you WERE on well water. Since you're on city water, talk to your local water company. There's just something about this that seems wrong. It's either the source or the pipes. Either way, have them look into it. They can probably give you more insight into what this is.

Hey,

That's some really dirty tap water. I wonder what's in it. Glad to hear the unit is working good. Don't worry too much about the pre-filters; their job is to get dirty. Just keep an eye on the flow of water. If the pre-filters get clogged, then the flow will slow down.

I wouldn't drink that tap water either, by the way. :wacko:

Regards,

Air, Water & Ice staff

It could be that the water lines were flushed recently. Manassas does that once or twice per year and we always end up with a lot of sediment for day or two afterward.