I found a small 3" cucumber?

gmubeach

I found a small 3"? cucumber in my sump today the only cucumbers I've ever added to my tank was a huge 7 inch one and he eventually got attacked and put in the sump... so my question are these guys like earthworms and he just got split in the pump, is he a baby, or is this the same one just not as healthy? We are talking about 3" of missing tissue strange eye I'm just glad to see the little guy!

Mostl likely not healthy, when they starve they shrink up.

Sandy

I found a small 3"? cucumber in my sump today the only cucumbers I've ever added to my tank was a huge 7 inch one and he eventually got attacked and put in the sump... so my question are these guys like earthworms and he just got split in the pump, is he a baby, or is this the same one just not as healthy? We are talking about 3" of missing tissue strange eye I'm just glad to see the little guy!

Hes defenlty alive at the moment I meant I didn't think he was alive? Anyway not sure if I could even find him again hes somewhere in the refugium. Has anyone had an experience with a dead or dieing cucumber? and what signs you should watch out for.

They release toxins into the water - they're too risky to put in a tank if you ask me. I would take the guy out of the tank ASAP.

I had a tiger tail that took the ride to the sump. He then got sucked into the return pump and shot all over the tank. I picked out all the pieces I could find and then ran carbon on the tank. Nothing was harmed.

If it is a tiger tail, they are not toxic, at least that is what everyone says. I also had a tiger tail die in my 30 gal and nothing ever happened to the tank.

Sandy