Bubbles in my silicone!!!!!

MOT

So after I put about 60 gallon in my new oceanic 156 and turned on a metal halide I saw that there is a little circle where I could see the glass of the perpendicular pane. It's actually not that small its about the size of the diameter of my pinky. There is another identical one on the other side of the tank in the same spot except I can't see through to the perpendicular pane but there is a noticeable pocket. I am about to lose my mind. I will call my lfs tomorrow and see if I can get a new one.

So after I put about 60 gallon in my new oceanic 156 and turned on a metal halide I saw that there is a little circle where I could see the glass of the perpendicular pane. It's actually not that small its about the size of the diameter of my pinky. There is another identical one on the other side of the tank in the same spot except I can't see through to the perpendicular pane but there is a noticeable pocket. I am about to lose my mind. I will call my lfs tomorrow and see if I can get a new one.

That is not normal.

I always try to inspect new tanks very carefully before I buy them. Many times I have found a small chip. I've never seen a pinky sized bubble in silicone though.

In your position, I might be inclined to get a syringe and inject the bubble with silicone.

tim

How old is this tank? A couple of years back Oceanic was having issues with tanks seams giving out and emptying the contents of the tank on the floor. I was scared to death my 30 cube would blow, but all my seams are intact. It wouldn't be a bad idea to contact Oceanic directly to see if your tank is one of the bad ones from that time frame. They have since redone their tanks, maybe you just got a lemon. Whatever you do, DON'T fill it up!

I bought the tank brand new in august. I have already contacted the lfs and oceanic and am awaiting replys. These holes look so uniform it looks like they could be a part of the manufacturing. I took a couple pics hopefully they come out, I will post them as soon as i figure out how.

(edited)

alright I don't know if this picture is gonna show up but if it doesn't check it out in my gallery... its the only one.gallery_1628_486_15369.jpg

I talked to an oceanic representative and the retailer. The retailer is going to have me a new one by tuesday. The oceanic rep said that these things are usually just cosmetic. I don't think I could sleep at night if I didn't do something about this. What do you think?

Edited by MOT

The oceanic rep said that these things are usually just cosmetic.

Maybe most bubbles are, but that one looks to be a lot bigger than usual. I wouldn't be able to sleep either.

Hey yall, so I got an email back from the oceanic rep. It reads as follows...

Hi Tom,

"Thanks for the pictures. I sent the pictures to the R&D department and their response is below. I didn