GBTAs in Sump

civitan.erichanson

Two baby green bubble tips found their way into my sump. There is no light there, so I would imagine that they are not happy. I do not really want to move them to the main tank, their parent is a constant threat and two more might drive me crazy. What do they need for lighting/filtration? Could they go in a ten gallon? Also, how do I pry them loose?

The best way I noticed is by slowly sliding a flexable piece of plastic like a credit card under the foot, then working the foot loose. If they are stuck to a rock take the rock out of the water with the anemone facing down and allow the animals weight to pull it off the rock as you pull the rock out of the water.

No, much longer with green neon tips.

Well, they split over the summer, hung out for a week with the parent and then wandered off. They disappeared for a while and then showed up inside the overflow. I was not too concerned and they seemed happy. We lost power for a bit and they must of somehow followed the water to the sump.

I am thinking about converting a 30G Tall tank to frags, but was going to try zoas in there since I only have standard FW tank lights to add at the moment...

If i may ask how did they get into the sump?

2546majano.jpg

Non-Condylactus_anemone.jpg

majano_anemone_548.jpg

Do they look anything like any of those?

My guess would be they let go or loosened themselves when the power was out and the overflow low or still.

Power came back on and they just went with the flow down the waterslide.

I find recent splits in my sump regularly even though I have multiple layers of protection for my overflows.

I also have multiple protection chambers in my sump just for this reason.

could you just put a light over them in the sump for the time being until you set up another tank or decide what to do with them?

Yeah, my tank is pretty full. There is really no where that they could settle w/o menacing something. That was why I left them in the ovrflow :)

I keep heavy flow over the head of the parent because it likes to menace one of my clams.

thats cool. is there too much coral in the display just to move them back up there