CHUBAKAH

Looks good, Mark!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the moment I am using four, but am planning to upgrade to six fairly soon. Lost a dual ballast a month or so ago which set me back a bit and had to replace that first.

(edited)

Me Likey! What's that growing at the base of the valida in front of the red cap? Some sort of sponge?

After spending hours researching it, I am "pretty sure" it is a type of tunicate. Feels like a softie coral. I actually never found one that looks exactly the same, but I did find one that came very close. Right now it is in the receding stage however it will go away, and come back. It's never seems to really harm anything, and it stays to that one rock so I leave it alone. At full bloom it is pretty cool.

Great looking tank Mark. Can't wait to see it in person one day. :)

You can come by any time bro. Just give me a shout when your going to be over this way. I know that 2 1/2 miles is so far.HA

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Wow what a tank and good work, Mark. The water is so clear and clean.

thats acrylic for ya....and of course MB7

thats acrylic for ya....and of course MB7

Don't forget the daily maintenance.

mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, beautiful tank. I love that your colonial sea squirts are doing well (or whatever they're called!). I had some of those before and with the addition of my emperor angel, they disappeared rather quickly...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys. The tank is doing very well despite the fact that I have taken up adding fish that are supposed to be not reef safe. Been focusing a little on the original 100 that was moved to the back fish room that replaced the frag tank that I had. I decided that I still like the fish a whole lot more than corals and whatnot so I decided a coupe months back to get some of the more colorful fish, and am working on collecting some of those.

Hoping to place an order this evening in fact if I can find some of the things on my list.

I'll try and get some pics up soon to show just how far this system has come.

• 2 years later...

Well we went from this

FTS.jpg?t=1276561375

To current today after finally adding new wiring and drywall to the room. All redone for African Cichlids.

post-1705-0-93493700-1404874669.jpg

Still finishing up some of the room work while this tank cycles.

In any event, figured I'd do a small update for people wondering where I went after my tank crash.

post-1705-0-93493700-1404874669_thumb.jpg

Wow! What happened with the crash?

Power outage 3 days while I was out of town. It wasn't pretty.

Power outage 3 days while I was out of town. It wasn't pretty.

Yikes! I wasn't reefing then, but my neighbors were at the time. They lost a 250 gallon! Your tank looked great while it was up, fwiw!

Yikes! I wasn't reefing then, but my neighbors were at the time. They lost a 250 gallon! Your tank looked great while it was up, fwiw!

Thanks man and I wish the old pics were still on here. That pic was from when I first made the transfer from the tank before it, and it had grown out to where it was hitting the sides and top. 

Looks Great Mark!  How do the girls like it?

The little one is totally in to it "so far" but the wife, well the wife still likes to go shopping.

:)

(edited)

Man this place is buggy. Double posting and taking a minute to do it. 

Edited by CHUBAKAH

LOL I expect nothing else from the Wife!  We had lots of fun shopping adventures when we worked together LOL

• 5 years later...

Sup Peoples!

Six years away and I am getting that itch again. Figured I'd check in with the club and see who is still here that may remember me.

In the planning stages of getting my 215 main in wall tank converted back over to salt. Few questions I have starting out.

Who are we liking for skimmers now a days?

How bout sumps?

AirWaterIce who we still like for RODI?

The plan is to go FOWLR and stay away from corals this go round. I'm still a fish guy at the end of the day.

Lurking...

Mark

215 Gallons and no corals. Say it isn’t so. Hahahha

skimmers is all about personal preference. Personally I love my ATB 1050a on my 200. It rocks. I have about 25 fish and feed heavy. it handles it with no problems. 

as for RODI, any will work, just get 5+ stages. 

and sump, again personal preference. 

welcome back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Aww man Fowler? No fun!  Either way it’s not hard to jump back in!  I could have saved you some time and told you not to do the freshwater stuff ;)  got any pics of the tank while it had freshwater fish?