Brightwell Aquatics NeoZeo Method [Long Read] but worth it

CHUBAKAH

I started this over the weekend, and the first thing I did was go over to RC to see what I could find. Unfortunately there wasn't anything at all, so I started a thread in the The Reef Chemistry Forum

to get some feedback. It was recommended that I start a thread on the subject in the SPS area, and today when I went there,the first thread about this subject was already born. In case you haven't heard of it yet:

Taken from the thread on RC

The Brightwell Aquatics NeoZeo Method

Synopsis:

Maintaining ultra-low (e.g. immeasurable) nutrient concentrations in reef aquaria and

precisely-controlling the inorganic and organic substances entering the system can

result in vibrant coloration of zooxanthellate corals and their allies. The method

described below can accomplish this task. It should be stated from the onset that this

method will only produce dramatic results if it is employed continuously, and as

directed (with slight adjustments made to dosing as dictated by the appearance of the

aquarium inhabitants). It is an interesting, highly-effective method of maintaining reef

aquaria that is without question geared to the more

Edited by CHUBAKAH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I think I saw this at AquaCo today? How much does it run vs. Prodibio?

This is by my calculations but it's about half the cost.

On another note, I have seen a thread where someone used the media to take care of the very problem your having with algae. Less reactor, I think your investment is around $30 bucks for the first 4 weeks.

blah blah blah....I'm in..

Welcome to the club.

:eek:

So what exactly are you dosing then compared to the Prodibio?

From what I have read the products used with the NeoZeo method are Replenish, Vitamarin-C, Coral Amino, Iodion, Phosphat R,Potassion, Koral Color, Micro Bacter7 , Reef BioFuel, and NeoZeo.

Unfortunately their website does not have a lot of info currently. I assume that's right around the corner.

For anyone interested, I now have the full PDF "Brightwell Aquatics NeoZeo Method"

Please PM me your email address and I will forward it on to you.

My interest is piqued... are you running yours in the reactor you got from AquaCo back when we did the move?

Yes, in fact I am glad I got the large one now. I wouldn't have been able to get all the media I am going to need in the smaller "shorty" one.

carbon dosing is the way of the future and quiet simple....you do not have to buy all of these different companys products and go broke....a simple solution of volka/vinager and sugar dosed in 1 ml at a time ....adding more each month until you see slime algea then cutting back 1ml will work perfect.....you only need to mix this concocotion weekly....very simple with colors from your corals you will not believe....my mix for my 150 is 8ml voldga/2ml vinager and 1 teaspoon of sugar....i dose half of this a day.....your corals will be very happy.......checkout....glassbox-design.com for a start.....all reefers sould give this a try.....I have 4 years of good results so far so good.

Soon as my server kicks back on I will be sending this out to all 11 of you. Seems there is quite a lot of interest.

:biggrin:

please add me to the list also, Im curious too. Im dosing the Prodiobio now

If you were on the PM list [i think you were?] It went out 5 minutes ago. If not, plz PM me your address.

Scratch that. Send me your email address.

Edited by CHUBAKAH

We are using this entire system on our frag aquarium. We are in the "Micro bacter" loading phase. Looks Good so far. I am loaded with the product and would love to share my experiences with you.

Thanks,

Sean

If you were on the PM list [i think you were?] It went out 5 minutes ago. If not, plz PM me your address.

Scratch that. Send me your email address.

ahem.....

Dont forget your boy!!!

Soon as my server kicks back on I will be sending this out to all 11 of you. Seems there is quite a lot of interest.

:biggrin:

ahem.....

Dont forget your boy!!!

I got you!

;)

Just a little info for everyone. This went out to 15 people here at WAMAS today. Pop quiz on Sunday!

I am going to hopefully finally start a dedicated tank thread, and will post results as I go. I think Blaze is going to join in, as well as DDiver, so we will have at least three tanks going for testing.

0064.gif

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Yes, I am starting a dedicated tank thread for my journey into the Neozeo world. We started dosing at the same time Mark so it should be interesting to see the differences.

From the first post, and from my understanding of biochemistry and microbiology, I did not read anything in the company's information or explanation in that first post that was new. To some extent, we all already do everything they've instructed there. So I am confused. What's the difference between their "new" method and what we're all already doing? The only difference appears to be that they have convinced aquarists to buy a bunch of supplements for our tanks which are fairly expensive. I guess I'd have to read the whole pdf, but actually, it would be simpler to just look at the bottles and see what's listed in terms of ingredients.

Guess I've been trained too long as a scientist. I am skeptical. Sounds like a new method of selling consumers a bunch of unnecessary supplements by using long-winded "scientific-sounding" literature which makes them seem like they know what they are talking about.

But again, this impression is just from the info given to us so far in this first post. Maybe the PDF document actually has something new in it.

Nutrient export - skimmer, phosban, macroalgea, live rock and live sand, activated carbon, hmm, we do all of this already. Nutrient supplements - we do this by simply feeding the fish and corals. Balance of bacteria - bacteria only grow when nutrients are present for them to grow. They don't grow when nutrients are not present in quantities necessary for growth. Its pretty simple. You don't need supplements to do that ...

Just my two cents from what was first posted there. I want to be sure I am clear that I am in no way meaning to be critical of you, personally, in any way. I'm just skeptical about the claims or "method" these other guys are commercially pushing as "new."

Edited by Sharkb8

Just my two cents from what was first posted there. I want to be sure I am clear that I am in no way meaning to be critical of you, personally, in any way. I'm just skeptical about the claims or "method" these other guys are commercially pushing as "new."

Actually it is very clear in the PDF that Brightwell is not claiming to have discovered a new way of doing things, only that they have a new product. If I would have had the entire PDF when I first got the scoop, I would have posted that info as well.

I understand your skepticism as I see it on every forum I visit when something new comes out, and makes claims.

The thing I was claiming is it was a cheaper way to go to the couple of systems already out. Perhaps I should have put it up against the Zeofit system, since that is really a more comparable product. The difference is it's about 1/4 the cost.

If you are interested in reading the entire PDF, shoot me a PM.

Mark

EDIT: Actually I just went back and read my first post which you must have missed. I bolded the part where they are not claiming to have invented anything new.

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Actually it is very clear in the PDF that Brightwell is not claiming to have discovered a new way of doing things, only that they have a new product. If I would have had the entire PDF when I first got the scoop, I would have posted that info as well.

I understand your skepticism as I see it on every forum I visit when something new comes out, and makes claims.

The thing I was claiming is it was a cheaper way to go to the couple of systems already out. Perhaps I should have put it up against the Zeofit system, since that is really a more comparable product. The difference is it's about 1/4 the cost.

If you are interested in reading the entire PDF, shoot me a PM.

Mark

ohkay then, makes more sense now - they just want to sell you stuff. :)

Just kidding. I am still skeptical. But, I really hope it works and improves things for systems. Better QOL for our livestock should always be our goal! :cheers:

The system is similar to Prodibio. Both methods set out to achieve the same results...brighter corals and a nutrient free system. I have been dosing Prodibio in my main tank for 4 weeks now. I am very happy with the results so far. I have noticed less and less of an algae film on my glass. Before I would have to clean it at least every 3 days, I cleaned it 2 weeks ago and it has not returned yet. My corals seem to show more color now, at least to me. I started the Brightwell system this week on my 55 gallon tank to see if I could accomplish the same results as Prodibio at a fraction of the cost.