Troubleshooting RO/DI following filter replacement

amos

I just replaced replaced the filter and carbon blocks for my RO/DI using the following from airwaterice:

1 Sediment 10 Micron

1 Coconut Carbon Block 5 Micron

1 Coconut Carbon Block One Micron

It was reading 3-4 TDS before the change, and now is reading 4-5 TDS following a run of 5 gallons. Does any have any suggestions?

Is it possible I reversed my block 5/block 1 micro carbon blocks? Is there anyway to determine which is which by sight?

Thanks,

Jon

those fitler have nothing to do with lowering your tds. the ro membrane and di resin lower tds. Those filter reduce sediment from getting to the ro membrane.

those fitler have nothing to do with lowering your tds. the ro membrane and di resin lower tds. Those filter reduce sediment from getting to the ro membrane.

Exactly! I would bet you need to replace your DI. Do you have an inline TDS meter? Can you check the RO before it goes into the DI filter?

Also, Jon, if you haven't made RO/DI water in a few days, AWI recommends that you backflush your membrane for two minutes before making new RO/DI water. If you don't your initial water output can have higher TDS readings. Finally, the AWI system that I have uses a color changing DI resin. It goes from a blue color to a brown/orange color when exhausted.