Reef Central July 2008 TOTM

Ne0eN

I look at those pictures everyday when I visit RC the colors are amazing. The method (balling) he using to control his levels is the method I am going to start off with in another week or two just waiting for a part to get here and the third of part of the suppliments.

I look at those pictures everyday when I visit RC the colors are amazing. The method (balling) he using to control his levels is the method I am going to start off with in another week or two just waiting for a part to get here and the third of part of the suppliments.

I haven't researched this method yet... but may be something I'd be interested in trying on my next setup in a couple of years.

--Rob

I don't really think its a new method per say but its actually targeting magnesium as well. In the past when my levels are out out wack they always ask about cal, alk and mag levels. So if all three are actively monitored/dosed I guess it makes sense it keeps things in check.

Ne0eN,

Pretty much just dosing the additional mag from what I see. I have been doing it indirectly for a while now but I am going to use my triple doser to does the required amount of magnesium as well now. Currently I montitor and dose ever now and then when the mag gets low. Might as well get my money's worth out of the triple doser :). It has only been using 2 of the pumps for the last year or so. That doer they use is too expensive for my blood.

What got me excited was his LACK of equipment. When our lives settle down in a year or two, I want a big system in a small footprint. Am saving now for either T-5s or LED arrays (if they've come of age by then). I'd love to be done with halides for life.

BRK carries a kalk powder that contains Magnesium and Strontium. I've been using it on my tank for about 4 months and my corals are looking very healthy.