Introduction

kmitch

Hey all,

I just wanted to take a second to say hi, I am new to the DC area and was referred here by people on Nano-Reef.com, where I spend most of my time.

I am a recent VT grad living in Alexandria but working downtown. I am planning on being at the meeting 8/9 so I hope to meet y'all there. righ

Since I just moved here two weeks ago I havent had a chance to restart my tank. I have a 34 gal solana tank (Current USA) and am getting a 250w MH pendant to hang over her. Going to be mostly SPS I think (I always say those things and end up finding other stuff that entertains me.....). Still trying to find a stand for the tank so if anyone knows a current dealer in the area who stocks that tank lemme know!

I've been keeping marine fish since my jr year at VT where I had a dorm reef while in the Corps of Cadets (that was interesting!) but have always kept small tanks.

Couple of questions for y'all:

- Wheres the best place to buy 34gals of RO water? I want to buy a unit but dont have the money right this second so i'll wait until I can afford it and just buy RO until then.

- Any Current USA dealers who carry the Solana tank that you guys know of?

~Kmitch

(edited)

Welcome aboard.

If you could make it to the FragFest on Sunday, July 27th, I think there is a possibility that with all the water going there for the tanks, that there would be quite a bit left over for you to take. You would have to verify with FlowerSeller on that though. He might make you join the club for $20.00 :biggrin:

:cheers:

Edited by Highland Reefer

Hi, welcome!

You really should try to make it Sunday to the frag fest!

You live close enough to me. If you want you could come by with some buckets and I would give you the water you need.

I second... err twelfth, the idea of going to the fragfest... you could walk home with some good water. Make a deal with someone for some rocks, and pick up some frags... and you're all set :) Well... except that you have to build a stand between now and Sunday :) And get a light, and...

Welcome to the club!

bob

For what most of the stores charge per gallon around here, you could afford half of what the low GPD Kent units go for on WAMAS. I thought an RO unit would be a bit extravagant, but it's good for drinking, too :lol2:

Second to that. Welcome my man.

Tee

Welcome fellow Hokie! :cheers:

Yeah sorry kmitch is a she reefer...... so you'll have no trouble picking me out at the meetings! I actually used the WAMAS discount and ordered an Air Water Ice unit.

I am going to start my tank thread for my build now--

Kristen

• 2 months later...