Deer Park Spring Water

albatross666

Hi

My ro unit only puts out 10 gpd and I need to change the water tonight.

I have deer park spring bottled water. Can this be used for water changes? If not, I may have to run the to water store and buy water.

Thanks!

(edited)

Albatross, I have about 20 gallons made up sitting in a tub, if you want to drop by, you're more than welcome to.

Edited by amay121

IMO, you would be better off buying distilled water. You really don't know what minerals are in the spring water.

Ditto. I was pondering this once upon a time, but then I looked at the label on my Fiji water and saw that they bragged about how much silicate is in the water, with some explanation that it greases up your insides or something.

I never realized diatom blooms were good for you :why:

IMO, you would be better off buying distilled water. You really don't know what minerals are in the spring water.

I had a feeling that would be the case, I am glad I posted the question, I just couldn't remember which water I had used once in the past.

Thanks!

Highland, I have about 20 gallons made up sitting in a tub, if you want to drop by, you're more than welcome to.

Hi

Can I swing by sometime in the evening to pickup the water from you? Also, if there is a possibility to pickup the fish while I am there, that would be great!

Do PM me your address and phone.

Thanks a ton for the offer!

Yes to swinging by tonight, no to the fish for now until I get everything else out. Hope you understand, but I'm not going to jeopardize anything just for a few fish. :) PM on the way.

Agree, thats what I used to do. I believe distilled water is better than RO actually.

I used to use distilled water, before I had ro/di unit. I wouldn't use store "spring" or "drinking water" - sometimes they put things in it, and I'm sure there's plenty we don't want that they don't take out.

Thanks a ton Guy.

I have 5 gallons form my unit and 15 from you and just added salt and am just airing and mixing it now! Enough for topoff tub and a water change!

Yippie!

Thanks a ton Guy.

I have 5 gallons form my unit and 15 from you and just added salt and am just airing and mixing it now! Enough for topoff tub and a water change!

Yippie!

Top off tub...? You know you're supposed to top off with fresh water, right? Due to that when water evaporates salt does not. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Speaking of deer park water......

i just did some tests on my fridges waters.....

deer park vs. aquafina....

deer park had @ 30 on my tds meter and aquafina had 3 on the meter.

Bryan

Top off tub...? You know you're supposed to top off with fresh water, right? Due to that when water evaporates salt does not. Or am I misunderstanding you?

You are right, normally i top off with freshwater, but I am trying wet skimming, so I put back saltwater. This puts out a light yellow skimmate, but in quite a large quantity, not sure its better, but the manual with the superskimmer talked about it, so I gave it a try.

FYI re: Deer Park water, and I'm sure many other waters out there, the smaller bottles have ADDED sulfites in them. Of course, that is not listed on the label or anywhere else. How do I know? I'm allergic to them, and was feeling quite poorly and decided to try to flush it out by drinking more water. I got worse and worse, and tried to figure out what the issue was, finally calling Deer Park and finding out that they indeed add sulfites.

I still have no idea how they get away without listing it on the label.

They do NOT add sulfites to the large bottles they use in coolers, however.