green hairy mushroom

I have many green hairy and a few blue hairy of the same species. the green out grow the blue ones of course- I have only seen the blue ones in a few members tanks in the area.

(edited)

which ones? Like the one I have or those others that apparently have the same name? I'll have to look up species names.

Here's another picture from Gateway Aquatices. http://gatewayaquatics.com/catalog/popup_i...74ae1ce4f703ed6

Edited by treesprite

It's going to be hard trying to cut this with it's fleshy branching "hair" - makes me think I'll kill it if I cut it... any other mushroom I have no problem cutting.

Last night I put some gloves on, took the thing out of the tank, went to cut it and just couldnt do it - too fleshy! Instead I decided to cut up a shroom that is covered with tiny green dots - very pretty, and after having it for months and months it gave no offspring until about a week ago when I changes flow in the tank.

Mine just about has finished splitting itself. A couple of months ago it grabbed a nearby rock (so that I couldn't move the rock it was currently on), and the other night I noticed that it was separating where it had stretched out between the two. Sure enough, this morning I even noticed a mouth on each side, and I'll bet that by tomorrow they'll be totally separated. Don't blame you Forrest for not cutting - for me there's a definite "ew" factor in cutting something fleshy that's still living!

• 2 weeks later...

I have fuzzy ones... they seem to come in 'hairy', 'frilly' and 'fuzzy' ... and the fuzzy ones can be short fuzz, or long fuzz... :)

These are still available to anyone that wants to come and chip/scrape them off the rock.

fuzzy.jpg

bob

I have some of those, got 2 from Antonio same time as the hairy shroom. I lost one in the tank (lost both, found one). The whole time I've had these, up till a couple weeks ago, there was only one... it did not reproduce and was rather small. Couple weeks ago suddenly I discovered about 8 new ones overnight, and they are growing rapidly. All on the insdie side of half an small old clam-type shell.

I have had HGM for a few years now and they split on their own...i have one that is around 8" diameter when fully open. I love them :clap: They look just like the link you posted....not quite 'neon' green.

At first it looked like you might have a ricordea but mine looks like a ricordea at times when the 'hair' is retracted just after the lights go off or on.

bob,

If your ever at a meeting-like the frag fest- I would gladly take several! I would gladly trade cookies for them, too! :lol2: Thanks, Holly