HELP!!!

tbittner

Well, I talked to Glass Cages this afternoon and the new 360g tank will be here on Saturday morning. We'll be driving down to Manassas to pick it up and bring it home. I'd REALLY appreciate any help that anyone can provide in Manassas AND at our house in Round Hill, VA. We will have the stand done before Saturday so we need help lifting it onto the stand too. :biggrin:

The tank weighs in at around 800 lbs. In Manassas we're planning on sitting it on the wheels that the 450g was sitting on. Our neighbor is coming with us and he has a truck with a low riding trailer that we'll wheel the tank onto to bring home. Then we'll back the trailer up to the basement door and wheel the tank into the basement. Three of us got the 450 into the basement this way. It took 11 of us to lift it onto the stand though.

Please let me know if you can help on either/both ends. We would really appreciate it. :)

I'm picking my tank up as well, at the home depot right? My dad and I can help, what time are you planning on being there? We should be there around 10:00-10:15.

Yes, at the home depot. We'll probably be there around 10 am. And of course we'll help you too. I should have a bunch of other guys there too.

Home Depot

7486 Streamwalk Lane

Manassas, VA 20109

I am available on the Round hill side of things. I am not sure if I can do morning trip to Manassas though. I am checking with the other half that has my manhood in an urn on the mantle right now...

I'm picking up my new sump too and have four commercial grade glass suction cups if needed. But will only be able to help in Manassas.

Eric

I'm picking up my new sump too and have four commercial grade glass suction cups if needed. But will only be able to help in Manassas.

Eric

Thanks Eric, please do bring them along.

I've been looking for some of those. Is there a place around that rents them? Or a place that sells them inexpensively? I didn't want to pay what glass cages wants for them since I'll most likely only use them this once. We have two here at work that I'm going to borrow too. I figure if I had 10 of them, I'd have enough to make the lift onto the stand easier.

I found them on line about 5 years ago and bought them at www.anver.com, I thought the same thing that I wouldn't use them, but they were use on the big tank at MAGNA in DC, and on other friends tanks. I can't remember what I paid for them, but they paid for themselves after buying my 240 from glass cages and how much easier it made it to move the tank and all the fingers they have saved!!!

Eric

This sounds like a good item for the club to buy and have available for members to check out, much like the PAR meter.

Jon

I found them on line about 5 years ago and bought them at www.anver.com, I thought the same thing that I wouldn't use them, but they were use on the big tank at MAGNA in DC, and on other friends tanks. I can't remember what I paid for them, but they paid for themselves after buying my 240 from glass cages and how much easier it made it to move the tank and all the fingers they have saved!!!

Eric

Maureen and I have to do a better job checking which account is logged on before we post...

Jon

This sounds like a good item for the club to buy and have available for members to check out, much like the PAR meter.

Jon

Jon

Maureen and I have to do a better job checking which account is logged on before we post...

Jon

:biggrin:

(edited)

Thanks for the link, Eric. They sell a lot of different ones. Which ones did you buy? The ones that glass cages sells aren't looking so expensive anymore after looking at some of the ones that Anver sells. :lol2:

A 360 to go with the 450???

Wow!

Very cool!

Yeah, the predators need a lot more room too, and we love BOTH the reef and the predators. We have the room, so why not? We love to watch them. :biggrin:

Edited by tbittner

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought six of the suction cups from glass cages. I figure if anything goes wrong with them, I'll go back to them to fix things.

We couldn't find anyone around that rents them. Really surprising...

do you have a line up for help? how many so far?

i have to check with the miss's and see what is up...what time frame we looking at?

The tank will be at the home depot in manassas, the one on springwalk road, at 10 am. We'll probably be there around 9 am, and hopefully the glass cages truck will be early because my neighbor has things to do afterwards. He is providing the truck and trailer.

The party starts at our house, in Round Hill, VA, between 11 am and noon. First up will be lifting the tank onto the stand. Then it will be food and drink time. Maybe a game of baseball, ping pong, movies, sitting and staring at the 450g reef, etc... :biggrin:

And for a tank this size, I don't think we can have TOO much help. So we are begging for help on either/both ends. :)

i can hang till around 1 or 2. pm me your info and i will try to be there at 9 ish (dont get home till 12am from work)

i can hang till around 1 or 2. pm me your info and i will try to be there at 9 ish (dont get home till 12am from work)

PM sent! Thanks!

Terry,

Sorry Jon and I can't help you out, we're already committed to helping our son move.

(and I was so looking forward to getting a peak at your tank........)

Maureen

No problem. :)

I'm hoping in a month or so to schedule a tank tour, once we get the new one up and running. That shouldn't take too long though since we aren't adding any new LR to the system.

I think we'll have plenty of help in Manassas. I think we need two more people at home. I think we'll have eight and I'm pretty sure we can do it with eight, but ten would make it MUCH easier. :)

Please? :)

Eric, may I borrow your suction cups? I can get them back to you early next week. I only bought six.

Thanks!