maru pets?

GaryL

anyone that visits maru pets have any good or bad stories from them?

so far mine is mixed....

They used to have really good nano frags but they increased the price and I stopped going...

• 3 weeks later...

They are fredericksburg's version of Roozens, on a smaller scale.........back in the late 80's, early 90's, i used to deal with them........they always sent ick free w/ purchase of fish.....uhggg.

Now i deal with the Cozy Clownfish in manassas.

Bryan

They are fredericksburg's version of Roozens, on a smaller scale.........back in the late 80's, early 90's, i used to deal with them........they always sent ick free w/ purchase of fish.....uhggg.

Now i deal with the Cozy Clownfish in manassas.

Bryan

i'll have to check them out

• 1 month later...

I find the pricing to be very reasonable, but I got turned off to Maru when I picked up a pair of clowns from a bad batch Maru had in stock. Saltwater fish sales are final - no discussion necessary.

The staff that I have met lack much of the knowledge I like to ascertain at the LFS - even the basics.

So, I, for one, will be shopping elsewhere for the foreseeable future.

It's definitely not the place it used to be. They got a (seems pretty knowledgeable) ex employee back so maybe things will flip for the better. He even is/was a WAMAS member.

• 2 months later...

They are definitly not what they used to be years ago. They have gone thru alot of owner/management changes. It has all in all be very dissapointing. The lack of proper knowledge is apparent by most of the staff. I have been by there several times after getting back into the hobby and they have one guy there who knows his stuff. Unfortunatly dealing with the other staff there is a bit ..... stressful...

The last time I went there one of the staff stated to a customer that " I dont know why anyone would waste there time buying mushrooms , they just take over the tank , it is a waste of money. I am coninually throwing them in the trash from my tank , they are all over" .. The customer that was intested in buying the mushroom was looking at her dumbfoundedly after she made that comment to them. Funnest part was that he suggested that she sell them and/or give them to people who wanted them instead of killing them. It was funny to see the look on her face... She got mad and walked away.....

I went there once a long time ago. An employee appeared to be strung out (drugs). Never went back... Never will.

• 1 month later...

Ever since Cory sold it a few years back it's gone down hill really fast. The display tank in the front used to be really nice, they let it go. Fish are real iffy. Not much knowledge in store.