alternative for drilling an established tank?

treesprite

I just recently drilled my 75 tank two days ago. I thought it was going to be hard but in fact it was very easy. I did composite and sheetmetal for years and know how to use a drill. I have a 2" diamond hole saw. If you really want your tank drilled I would not mind drilling your tank. Just send me your info and we can go from there. :cheers:

I just recently drilled my 75 tank two days ago. I thought it was going to be hard but in fact it was very easy. I did composite and sheetmetal for years and know how to use a drill. I have a 2" diamond hole saw. If you really want your tank drilled I would not mind drilling your tank. Just send me your info and we can go from there. :cheers:

Isn't "drinking and drilling"dangerous? How about I bring the tank out there and buy you some beer to drink after it's done? After this Saturday I might not be able to get out there though.

(edited)

Isn't "drinking and drilling"dangerous? How about I bring the tank out there and buy you some beer to drink after it's done? After this Saturday I might not be able to get out there though.

Where does he references D R I N K I N G during his post? With answers like that no wonder no one has volunteered to drill it for you. If you were joking maybe throwing a smiley behind the intended funny comment will allow people to get it as a joke, no smiley = being serious about. My .02 Edited by rsaavedra

look I drilled the hole with no problem. I used the skills I learned when drilling Stainless Steel and varuous other materials. I know my way around power tools I was a composite / sheetmetal mechanic for sometime. The thing is I only have one size hole saw and that is 52mm which is about 2inches. Beer would not be a problem, since that was the advice given to me by an expert who has drilled more than one hole in glass in his life. :cheers: I hope this time it was a well placed emoticon. LOL Well just PM me with your info I'm off this weekend so Sunday would probably be a better day. And don't worry I have the puddy the drill and the bit. Jsut bring the tank and Heineken. :) . Or I can come meet you either way I'm pretty mobile.

Where does he references D R I N K I N G during his post? With answers like that no wonder no one has volunteered to drill it for you. If you were joking maybe throwing a smiley behind the intended funny comment will allow people to get it as a joke, no smiley = being serious about. My .02

Yeah no biggie. Don't get me wrong the key to drilling the tank is being relaxed. And I was told one beer is all you need before you start the process. If your still interested in me drilling your tank let me know I will be doing a twenty gallon this week and I will let you know how it goes. Also if you look on youtube there is a lot of information of various people drilling there tanks.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Forest I'm in the same boat:) To drill or not to drill... and because of my disabilty my hands shake....anyway I would be intreasted in having a tank drilling party:)

Edited by gmubeach

Lets do it. :) I had no problem drilling my tank. I think YBnormal has a thread with talks of throwing a tank drilling party. I just recently saw that BRK has a shelf full of diamond bits.

Lets do it. :) I had no problem drilling my tank. I think YBnormal has a thread with talks of throwing a tank drilling party. I just recently saw that BRK has a shelf full of diamond bits.

Awesome idea. I have these empty: the 38, a 20L, 2 10's, and 2 5s. If my 20L was drilled I could use it for even more DSB space to help with my recent DSB enlightenment.