how to frag frogspawn?

I want to frag off a couple "babies" that are growing out of the stem of my frogspawn and am wondering if someone can tell me how to do it and what I should use. Anyone?

i would just dremel the skeleton.

personal experience:

a rock fell on my colony and broke a head in half! i took the half that detached and epoxied it to a frag plug. it still had some flesh on it and it is now doing well!

side note:

frogspawn is pretty bulletproof as long as there is some flesh still attached.

have fun!!!

I want to frag off a couple "babies" that are growing out of the stem of my frogspawn and am wondering if someone can tell me how to do it and what I should use. Anyone?

If they are the tiny heads that grow off the side you can snap them off near the base and super glue them somewhere else. I broke off of a few heads accidentally and I just glued them onto the frag base.

Edited by luceneck

If they are the tiny heads that grow off the side you can snap them off near the base and super glue them somewhere else. I broke off of a few heads accidentally and I just glued them onto the frag base.

That's what they are. I don't have any plan to go out buying a dremmel just to frag them off. I was thinking these are small enough to snip off with a new cable cutter, but just wasn't sure if that would work or if it would kill something.... I'm a coral noob you know.

That's what they are. I don't have any plan to go out buying a dremmel just to frag them off. I was thinking these are small enough to snip off with a new cable cutter, but just wasn't sure if that would work or if it would kill something.... I'm a coral noob you know.

No need for cutters, you could snap them off with your fingers or some needle nose pliers.

Guest MikeInFredVA

No need for cutters, you could snap them off with your fingers or some needle nose pliers.

you can get a dremmel to wally world for $10

if you wanted o go that route

you can get a dremmel to wally world for $10

if you wanted o go that route

Agreed! I use those for the larger heads, but I was assuming that the post above was in reference to the tiny little heads that are about the size of a tic tac. If this is not the case (meaning that the hard skeleton is larger than a pencil width), then I would use the dremel method mentioned above with a diamond coated blade.

Edited by luceneck

Guest MikeInFredVA

Agreed! I use those for the larger heads, but I was assuming that the post above was in reference to the tiny little heads that are about the size of a tic tac. If this is not the case (meaning that the hard skeleton is larger than a pencil width), then I would use the dremel method mentioned above with a diamond coated blade.

I love these forums, i'm gonna try this method. never tried it before, learn something new everyday.

Mike