Light

Clyde

I have cycled my ten gallon with live sand and rock. what light should I put on? I will have a clown gobby, coral and inverts. I am looking for a good light but do not want to spend too much cash.

This is an expensive hobby, so unless you buy some quality used equipment, buying cheap in inexpensive equipment usually gets you burned in the long run. You'll end up upgrading in the future anyways. Trust me, been there done that.

Your best bet would be to pay the $20 to join and get access to the "for sale" section. Back in the day I was hesitant to join as well, then I broke down and paid the $20. My first purchase was a $600 skimmer for only $200, so I got my investment back 20 fold. There is a reason why people, myself included, pony up the $20 every year to keep their membership going. Not only for the sales though. I've probably saved even more money from the great advice I've been given by other members, many who have been in the hobby well over a decade.

Clyde,

for a 10g tank I like this fixture http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...Code=currentusa

I'm not a big fan of pc lighting as I don't think it's very efficient, but this fits nicely on a 20" tank, has good coloration, and will keep just about anything shy of SPS and clams alive and growing (neither one of which belong in a 10g IMO).

Garrett.

Clyde,

for a 10g tank I like this fixture http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...Code=currentusa

I'm not a big fan of pc lighting as I don't think it's very efficient, but this fits nicely on a 20" tank, has good coloration, and will keep just about anything shy of SPS and clams alive and growing (neither one of which belong in a 10g IMO).

Garrett.

Consider 6 to 7 watts per gallon if you want advanced corals or anemones.

So I got a Coral Life T5 dual light. It's 24" so it hangs over just a bit but looks fine. I have added two Margarita snails and two Turbo's. They are going to town.

Thanks for the input. I am glad I went with a better light. :cheers: