Citron Clown Goby nipping SPS

magnetic1

I thought clown gobies didnt nip on SPS unless they were mated and trying to lay eggs? Mine is nipping away at a nice colony I got trying to make himself a perching spot I think.

I take it there is no way of making him stop :eek:

(edited)

What are you feeding yours? I picked one up from Roozens on Friday and I have not seen him eat yet. It is beginning to show too. If I dont get some food in him soon he's not going to make it.

Ron

Edited by onux20

(edited)

What are you feeding yours? I picked one up from Roozens on Friday and I have not seen him eat yet. It is beginning to show too. If I dont get some food in him soon he's not going to make it.

Ron

I dont specifically feed him anything. He is SUPER HUGE, like 3-4". He eats whatever I throw in the tank from brine, to nori. He actually pics at the nori clip. He used to perch behind the nori clip until I added this sweet looking SPS colony. Now he started picking at it and making himself a new home :(

Edited by magnetic1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my Yellow Clown goby to eat? :why:

Add SPS, watch him dine.

spsfood.jpg

Wow, Eric, I'm glad you posted this! I've been wondering how I've been killing my new SPSs - not all, just some. They'd been bleaching out from the base up, and I figured it's because I'm new and obviously doing something wrong even though the water parameters are good and they get good light. Then I read your post and looked up to see my yellow clown goby snacking away on a new acro that had suddenly started bleaching today. Little snot..... I moved it to the sand and he followed it down, so it's now set right in front of my 5-6" watchman's burrow - he doesn't let anybody get too close. :biggrin: Of course, now a new "snack" will just be selected.....

Onux, mine aren't as aggressive about eating as their tankmates, but like everybody else they will go after the frozen brine shrimp. Good luck!

Wow, Eric, I'm glad you posted this! I've been wondering how I've been killing my new SPSs - not all, just some. They'd been bleaching out from the base up, and I figured it's because I'm new and obviously doing something wrong even though the water parameters are good and they get good light. Then I read your post and looked up to see my yellow clown goby snacking away on a new acro that had suddenly started bleaching today. Little snot..... I moved it to the sand and he followed it down, so it's now set right in front of my 5-6" watchman's burrow - he doesn't let anybody get too close. :biggrin: Of course, now a new "snack" will just be selected.....

Onux, mine aren't as aggressive about eating as their tankmates, but like everybody else they will go after the frozen brine shrimp. Good luck!

yar, it sucks! He didnt do this before. Maybe he started getting hungry?

That acro in the pic was way up high and he followed it down to the sand too. I fragged off a piece before he could kill the entire thing. Hopefully the frag will grow. Doesnt seem like he likes anything else in my tank. I dont even know what kind of SPS that is, I saw it and bought it caus it looked nice.

Im hoping that when he is done w/ it, he doesnt move onto something else :( If he does, he is comin out!

Brine...?!:( I tried mysis yesterday and he wanted nuthin to do with 'em!

Ron

He's eating SPS. Sorry, I had to do it....

Ron