My 90g Rimless Starphire Tank

Chris,

Is it possible to post a shot of your sump and equipment? Your set up is amazing!

Hunter

LIV_4445.jpg

What is the egg crate for?

Its gone now, but i used it to keep the frags off the sand and a little closer to the lights.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, even your sump is pristine. I'm convinced everything is photoshopped!!!

;) I have not seen this setup, but I have seen two previous ones. They are that pristine - either that or he photoshopped his house ;) No coraline on Chris' glass - ever!

bshriver - I need that red milli back. :)

Sure - looks like you have plenty to trade. It is red with green at the base right?

BTW - this is what I did with your old cube (I need your photography skills!)

Fragtanktopdown.jpg

IMG_8371.jpg

After looking at the photos of the sump, I am convinced everything is fake. The corals look too nice, there's no coralline or salt creep. How can a reef tank not make a mess?

Or maybe it just me :biggrin:

Beautiful tank, Chris. It's making me think hard about getting a rimless for the upgrade.

After looking at the photos of the sump, I am convinced everything is fake. The corals look too nice, there's no coralline or salt creep. How can a reef tank not make a mess?

Or maybe it just me :biggrin:

Beautiful tank, Chris. It's making me think hard about getting a rimless for the upgrade.

Maybe his whole house is actually a model home with props ;)

Both of the tanks that I saw of Chris' looked great in person, and I think the second time he just had a frag tank running. It was a "showpiece" as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. We moved the tank on Thursday 9-4-08 with only a couple losses. I finally got the lights up yesterday. Three days without lights kinda sucked and some things weren't too happy about that.

Here is an updated pic. It just an actinic shot though.

2df07863.jpg

Thanks everyone. Here are some close-ups. Some things are doing very well despite the losses.

LIV_3290.jpg

LIV_3294.jpg

LIV_3296.jpg

LIV_3298.jpg

LOL!!!! Thanks everyone!

Justin and Rik - As of 10pm last night the PVC cap is gone. :)

BTW... This is VERY late, but thanks to Rik and Chip fro helping with the move. They stayed up until about 2am helping me get everything back up and running. You guys were AWESOME!!!

The tank is amazing......I second the why has this tank not won TOTM. Maybe it was the PVC cap!! ;) anyway congrats on a great tank

If he would stop freaking swapping tanks, he'd win!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I added ozone back to the system on Tuesday. I figured why not try it with the prodibio. Here are some pics I just took. Not the best, but it will give u an idea of some of the growth.

Pink Lemonade (Just keeps getting better!)

LIV_1463.jpg

Efflo/Soli (Finally starting to get it's color back.)

LIV_1481.jpg

ORA Pearlberry (I LUV this coral!!!)

LIV_1490.jpg

wow amazing pics and reef setup. Is it possible for you to post pic of your canopy. Reason why I ask is that I am having hard time putting togather my 4 T5 retro kit in my half circl.. either I am short on length or long some times for the bulbs to fit in properly..what method did you use to set yours in place properly?

thanks sid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a couple pics through the glass today.

Gadgets Acro

LIV_1057.jpg

Sour Pop Lord

LIV_1047.jpg

Here are a couple quick vids I took with my sisters camera.

th_16d9a986.jpg

th_1a002c09.jpg

I took a couple pics through the glass today.

Gadgets Acro

LIV_1057.jpg

Hey not to rain on your name-a-coral-after-yourself parade, but isn't that a grapes of wrath nasuta? Reefermadness used to get those all the time. Man I miss the good ol' days when RM had nice sps.

Looks great though.

One of the nicest tanks I've ever seen.

Thanks for the compliment!!!

Hey not to rain on your name-a-coral-after-yourself parade, but isn't that a grapes of wrath nasuta? Reefermadness used to get those all the time. Man I miss the good ol' days when RM had nice sps.

Looks great though.

Could be similar, but I got this in as a wild brown out and this is what it turned into. Rik saw it when I got it. Plain and poo brown. :)

Stunning! So beautiful and so many toys. :)

Thanks!!! I appreciate the compliment!