Yay, Phil!!

lanman

Glad to see you got your own vendor forum!

For those of you who don't know Phil - I'm sure he will post here about his services; but this is the guy that taught me to frag corals. And most of you KNOW how much I like fragging things.

And by the way - Steve - that bit we fragged off your finger isn't growing.. I told you we should have used the dremel instead of the router!

bob

This is the first time I ever heard of Phil.

PHil: you gotta step up and tell us what you do and where to find you! There's no ecological niche for cryptic vendors. Think 'cleaner shrimp' - get out there and start waving your antennae :)

I ended up recommending this vendor to the guy I sold one of my tanks to tonight. Though I couldn't find any contact info...

phil@reefescape.net

www.reefescape.net

I'll quote his message here so folks don't need to click on the link to see what he said:

All,

There has been a slight technical goof in the new Vendor forum. The WAMAS officers are working on solving the problem and we thank them for their effort. In the mean time, I am not able to post (or actually even see) the thread that has been created in that area. (it is a whole 128bit encryption thing requiring NSA and CIA authoriztion.... you wouldn't understand)

I hear there has been a warm welcome and some kind words said. If someone would please post a link to this thread, that would at least answer any questions for people who don't know us that may be wondering why we are not posting. We look forward to making a formal introduction, but for the time being: No we are not another LFS you haven't heard of yet.... more info to follow soon.

Thanks again to the WAMAS members and officers. The new vendor sponsorship is a great way to reconise the contributions vendor members have been making for years. John, Dan, Jeff, and Sean G. are all good friends and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Phil

Reef eScape

www.reefescape.net

(703)943-6631

Now that you know about the 128bit encryption thing though, we will be forced to apprehend you under the authority granted to officers by the Patriot act and you will each receive a one-way ticket to sunny southern Guantanamo Bay! :biggrin:

The technical problems are ALL me... been offline for a few days and neglected Phil, my apologies to Phil, going to call him tonight and make sure that he's online here as we appreciate all that he does!

• 3 weeks later...

Phil has been at this hobby for quite a while, but since his development of Reef eScape- his hands on knowledge base has exponentially increased. He sees many dozens of tanks each week in all sizes. He has seen virtually every problem a marine aquarist will see, many times over, and can quickly diagnose and recommend changes. I have watched him do things with Marine aquariums that are contrary to "conventional" wisdom, and virtually impossible for the new or even relatively experienced reefer to do. His true forte is putting up a system that functions quickly and efficiently for the bio-load expected with as little hands on maintenance as possible. His set ups avoid so many of the little "gotchas" that are hard learned by us hobbyists. The key is setting them up right the first time vs. the painful and costly slow evolution that many of us hobbyist have gone through. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to set up or consult on a system they are setting up.

Truth in disclosure: I have had the pleasant opportunity to accompany Phil on several of his large system set ups, and truly enjoyed getting the opportunity to revisit and watch some of these systems develop into great reef systems over an amazingly short period.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind words Lee.

Thanks much and a public thanks for all the help you have given.

Once again tho, I need to correct you... not "he and him" but "we and us." Reef eScape could not have gotten as far as we have without your help and the help of other WAMAS members.

Phil

Edited by Grav

• 1 year later...
Phil has been at this hobby for quite a while, but since his development of Reef eScape- his hands on knowledge base has exponentially increased. He sees many dozens of tanks each week in all sizes. He has seen virtually every problem a marine aquarist will see, many times over, and can quickly diagnose and recommend changes. I have watched him do things with Marine aquariums that are contrary to "conventional" wisdom, and virtually impossible for the new or even relatively experienced reefer to do. His true forte is putting up a system that functions quickly and efficiently for the bio-load expected with as little hands on maintenance as possible. His set ups avoid so many of the little "gotchas" that are hard learned by us hobbyists. The key is setting them up right the first time vs. the painful and costly slow evolution that many of us hobbyist have gone through. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to set up or consult on a system they are setting up.

Truth in disclosure: I have had the pleasant opportunity to accompany Phil on several of his large system set ups, and truly enjoyed getting the opportunity to revisit and watch some of these systems develop into great reef systems over an amazingly short period.

As the "New Lee" and "Aquatic Macguyver" I strongly agree to all the words written. And BTW when is Mr. Stearns going to come out of hiding?

• 3 weeks later...
And by the way - Steve - that bit we fragged off your finger isn't growing.. I told you we should have used the dremel instead of the router!

You obviosly have poor water quaility.........that was a huge frag of the end of my finger!!