Hello, so happy to be here!

SteffiePoo

(edited)

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum but not really new to the hobby. My husband, ShawnS, got me into the hobby. I use to make fun of him and how much time he put into the tank. But I started going along with him to the fish stores and decided I wanted a nano tank all to myself. So he got me a nano from one of the members here and I am in love with it. I got my own corals, my own fish, and my own LR. Well what I thought was a piece of LR happened to turn out to be a live oyster, or something of that type. Much to my surprise, it has added a bit of unique to my tank and I love it. I wanted to show you all my tank and hope to meet some awesome people like Shawn did. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum also! Oh and btw, my name is Stephanie.

gallery_2631487_353_48031.jpg

Edited by SteffiePoo

(edited)

imo i think it should be next month's totm!

:bb: :bb: :bb:

see fellow wamasers, i corrupted another 1. :eek:

Edited by shawns

Yeah I got my own! I find myself wanting EVERYTHING, but he now has to tell me to quit...... :lol:

I like this. His & Her Reef Tanks. My wife tells me she had an aquairum & never did anything but feed the fish. One Zebra was humped back. Ha ha. She said if it ain't broke then leave it alone. Now she constantly gives me a hard time about all the time I spend on my reef, much less the money. I am jellous Shawn. :clap:

Welcome to WAMAS SteffiePoo! (love the name!)

Is that TampaBaySaltwater live rock or maybe some other Florida aquacultured rock?

Its Florida aquacultured LR. Shawn took me over to SeaSave the other weekend and I got it from them. I couldnt resist the LR over there, it was all gorgeous....BUT way too big for my tank, so I had them fishing around the tubs for smaller pieces. I really wanted a piece that had a lot of feather dusters, so I got one! I know, I know feather dusters, but I am a girl youknow.... :wig:

Feather dusters are cool! I like the look of Florida aquacultured LR and if it is from TBS, you can't get rock any fresher than that. Richard usually ships the same day he recovers it from the dive site or the next day and it is air shipped in water to keep everything alive. I have about 25# in my system and really am happy with that purchase. It's environmentally friendly too!

I bought some from them too. You just have to watch out for nastys that comes with it. That's how I got my Matid shrimp. I ended up buying a trap and catching him & giving him to a LFS. He was fun watch though.

(edited)

Yeah I had some Aiptasia (from LR that I had gotten elsewhere, not from SeaSave) I had to get rid of, but overall I am so happy with it. I wish I could really zoom in on the LR so that I can show you some of the stuff on the LR. It was a wonderful addition to the tank. I placed the tank in my tv room so that I could watch it.

Edited by SteffiePoo

Other than Isopods, Mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp, nudis, stone crabs and maybe a few dozen gorilla crabs, what's there not to like? :lol2:

Hmmmmm Bob, you listed all the best things to have.... :lol: :lol:

congratulations on your new found addiction :clap:

No Raf, I think she's had Shawn for a while already. It's the tank that is new. :biggrin:

Hahahahaaaa!!! I think you got it right Bob!!!!! :clap:

hi, welcome!

Welcome, Stephie!

Next joint budget item - a camera with zooooom macro!

Looking good so far!

bob

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I have a great camera, just need to get that darn macro lens....lol

Hey, Stephie,

My husband, Scott, and I are also a his/her team, though we do the tanks together instead of his/hers. It's always great to see another wife come aboard! Welcome! :rollface:

Thank you Marcia! Its awesome having a hobby in common with the hubby!