My poor, lonely wrasse...

lanman

And so I put a mirror on the front of the tank - about 4"x6" - in hopes that the aggressive yellow tang would see his reflection and try to kick his own butt.

But what happened - my African Leopard Wrasse saw himself in the mirror and fell in love... He spends hours posturing and trying to look pretty for the wrasse in the mirror! Poor little guy! He's lonely!!

bob

Oh, man... now the Kole tang is doing it, too! I guess the yellow is too stupid to notice.

bob

Lol too funny. At least they're in admiration - my clown attacks her reflection and when I first put the tang in there, the tang was attacking it's reflection.

it's gotten even worse... now the yellow tang is admiring herself in the mirror as well! So I have these three fish, hanging around the mirror looking at themselves. At least the yellow leaves the purple alone while admiring herself in the mirror.

The purple, by the way - has figured out how to defend his territory - and is almost all healed up now. The yellow doesn't like having that tail in her face. And purple still 'zoooms' out and gets food when it's available.

bob

Bob, I'm ROFL now with the image of your fish admiring and preening themselves in front of the mirror. Thanks for a good start to the day!