My wish list

lancer99

A ten-day liveaboard through Indonesia, definitely hitting Raja Ampat and Lembeh Strait. But, I'm guessing you were talking about tank stuff, huh? :rollface:

I'd like the blue color morph of Acropora echinata

Edited by OUsnakebyte

Whats that? I like sushi and alot of diffrent asia meals but I don't know the names? can you describe it... I like fresh sashemi? sp

SPS or LPS that have bright colors including blue, that are interesting to just stare at, that will live and grow well in my tank no matter what I do with the water.

That and a 2-month vacation in the mountains where there are waterfalls and perfect weather that doesn't get too hot or too cold, where there are very few insects, where I don't have to dress in anything but loose-fitting comfy clothes, flipflops or beatup canvas tennis shoes (or hiking boots), where the only noises are from nature, etc etc. I'm not picky!

in the mountains where there are waterfalls and perfect weather that doesn't get too hot or too cold, where there are very few insects, where I don't have to dress in anything but loose-fitting comfy clothes, flipflops or beatup canvas tennis shoes (or hiking boots), where the only noises are from nature, etc etc. I'm not picky!

Please do share when you find that spot!

I wish there was a test kit that required no effort. Er,... or are we talking real things?

SPS or LPS that have bright colors including blue, that are interesting to just stare at, that will live and grow well in my tank no matter what I do with the water.

That and a 2-month vacation in the mountains where there are waterfalls and perfect weather that doesn't get too hot or too cold, where there are very few insects, where I don't have to dress in anything but loose-fitting comfy clothes, flipflops or beatup canvas tennis shoes (or hiking boots), where the only noises are from nature, etc etc. I'm not picky!

Your ideal spot will be EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST IN PUERTO RICO :clap:

http://revver.com/video/415264

Edited by rsaavedra

Your ideal spot will be EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST IN PUERTO RICO :clap:

I took vacation in Puerto Rico a few years back and spent an entire day hiking in El Yunque. That was great. Lots of great stuff to do in Puerto Rico (also, Aricebo, the caves, bioluminiscent bay, diving, snorkeling, old town San Juan, El Morro, etc)

tim

Millepora spp., preferably M. alcicornis.

Galaxea acrhelia aka. Acrhelia horrescens.

Anacropora.

Yours?

-R

Robert, you have the oddest taste. However I do love the Galaxea horrescens choice. I swear I saw some in Atlantis in Richmond a few years ago. Marvin wasn't selling though.

Are we talking feasible wish lists or just out and out?

How about stylasterina?

G.

Whats that? I like sushi and alot of diffrent asia meals but I don't know the names? can you describe it... I like fresh sashemi? sp

Kaiseki is multi-course seasonal cuisine, and supposedly the best is served at rural inns..... very pricey!

Robert, you have the oddest taste.

Thanks!

I like "oddballs" as much as ones that are pretty (which would explain a few of my friends :) ) My two fave corals are Pipe Organ & Blue Ridge, and I've been lucky enough to find beautiful specimens of both. Both from the Marine Scene, hmmm.

Are we talking feasible wish lists or just out and out?

How about stylasterina?

G.

I was thinking feasible....but go for it! I'd love to have a tank like the "Azooxanthellate" one in the current issue of Reefkeeping!

-R

For the tanks, I'd love to hove some of the more common Caribean stonies, like Montastrea, Agaracia or Madracis. There's also a black photosynthetic gorg that I would love to bring in.

As far as other fantasies, there's so much...

Dave reminded me....one more for my wish list...Plexaura homomalla/Black sea rod. Probably the most beautiful photosynthetic gorg, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

-R

Dave reminded me....one more for my wish list...Plexaura homomalla/Black sea rod. Probably the most beautiful photosynthetic gorg, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

-R

Yep, that's it. It would be kind of fun to have a big enough stand of gorgonians to support a few flamingo tongues as well.

I wish there was a test kit that required no effort. Er,... or are we talking real things?

Winning the lottery so I can do everything you guys just said!!

I think there's a better chance of winning the lottery!

Hijacking my own thread...it seems like every LFS sold Flamingo tongues a few (5-10) years ago, now I see them very rarely, maybe once (Wally's!) in the past six months.

Have the collectors/wholesalers/retailers clued into the fact that they are obligate feeders on gorgonians, or is there a simpler explanation?

-R

seasonal cuisine sounds wonderful... and I'll tell you I've traveled most everywhere in the United States. My favorite place is Crisfield, MD Janes Island State Park... anyway its a really nice place to relax:) I have been to as many diffrent WONDERS of STATES including most national parks, but crisfield is where me and my gf really contact!