AWI Typhoon Install?

Big Country

Was working through the install of my Typhoon III from the group buy. Directions say to connect the drain tube to a tube looking thing called a flow control. There is not a part in the bag that looks like that. Are these instructions just outdated or am I missing a part?

It's a flow restrictor. Don't know what it looks like on that model, but typically it's just a small john guest fitting with a small barrel on it. It reduces flow to match the output of the membrane.

Was working through the install of my Typhoon III from the group buy. Directions say to connect the drain tube to a tube looking thing called a flow control. There is not a part in the bag that looks like that. Are these instructions just outdated or am I missing a part?

Here you go:

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

Charles,

I got the same unit as you did (I think) from the group buy. When I looked at the instructions that night, I said to myself, "hmm....I'll deal with this later." ;)

The "flow control" mentioned in the instructions is the flow restrictor. In the second picture above, it's the white part with the black handle on the top/right.

The "flow control" mentioned in the instructions is the flow restrictor. In the second picture above, it's the white part with the black handle on the top/right.

Got it, that was what I was hoping. I guess the intructions that I have were for the basic Typhoon which doesn't have the fast flush valve so it needs the flow controller piece. AWI just needs to do a better job with their instructions.

All white tubing is driving me crazy also since I was used to blue (water in), yellow (water out), orange (waste) with my kent marine unit. I've got it up and running and not showing any leaks after almost an hour of the final testing of the unit so I'm ready to make water.

Got this email back from Air Water Ice today.

The flow (control) restrictor and the ASOV are both installed on the

unit. You're not missing a part (but the instructions are outdated and are in

the process of being updated).

Best regards,

Don Campbell

Air, Water & Ice LLC

so I'm ready to make water.

In Driving Miss Daisy, Huck (Morgan Freeman) asks Miss Daisy for permission to pull the car over to "make water" by the side of the road. I don't think he was brewing salt water; you fixin' to do the same?????

In Driving Miss Daisy, Huck (Morgan Freeman) asks Miss Daisy for permission to pull the car over to "make water" by the side of the road. I don't think he was brewing salt water; you fixin' to do the same?????

It would sure take a long time to make 20 gallons of that kind of water for a water change. I think I'll stick to the RO/DI water at 3 gallons per hour. :lol2: