Newb to WAMAS

JayeL

Hello to all memebers. My name is John Lombardi and I am a new member of WAMAS. My wife, Lisa, and I attended our first meeting yesterday and we were impressed. It was well organized and informative, and WOW great prizes! We are new to the area coming from Upstate New York and are in the process of setting up a 120. Last week I had met Nadir and purchased a skimmer from him and he had told about WAMAS. I was glad he did. My wife and I are looking foward to attending more meetings and getting involved with WAMAS. :cheers:

John,

What part of Upstate New York are you from? My wife and I hail from Western New York (the Buffalo area).

Welcome to the club! Best $20 (or $35 for a family membership) you'll ever spend in this hobby!

:cheers:

Hello to all memebers. My name is John Lombardi and I am a new member of WAMAS. My wife, Lisa, and I attended our first meeting yesterday and we were impressed. It was well organized and informative, and WOW great prizes! We are new to the area coming from Upstate New York and are in the process of setting up a 120. Last week I had met Nadir and purchased a skimmer from him and he had told about WAMAS. I was glad he did. My wife and I are looking foward to attending more meetings and getting involved with WAMAS. :cheers:

Welcome to WAMAS!

Suggestion: Update your profile to include your location. Makes it easier to find 'neighbors' in the hobby.

What is your previous experience in the hobby?? Sounds like you knew enough to buy a skimmer, at least!

Take lots of pictures and create a 'dedicated tank thread' so we can keep track of what you're up to!

Cheers!

bob

Thanks everyone! As i still am gathering equipment for my 120g, I finally unpacked the supplies and equipment I took with us in the move. I found a small 5 gallon tank i used as a quarintine tank and converted it to a nano last night!!! :cheers: :wig: :cheers:

I got some live sand and a pint of water from a lfs and one piece of live rock. I am gonna use the standard aga light with a upgraded t5 bulb. gonna keep some zoas and gsp only and probably get a mantis shrimp...wife wants one :biggrin:

It will definetly keep me entertained as i fianlize the 120. in the mean time if any one has some small colorful zoas to give up i would greatly appreciate it.

:lol: :lol: COME ON CYCLE ALREADY!!!! :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the club and good see some more local Marylanders. If you want some baby tomato clownfish I have plenty, they might be cool in your nano for a while.

Wreck