Attaching frag discs

Guest beatle

Guest beatle

I tried some aquamend to secure a frag disc with an encrusted plate coral to my reef. It worked fine for a few months but I saw it wobbling the past week and finally reached in and moved it so that it won't fall immediately. I thought Aquamend was the ticket for this stuff but it failed me this time. Any other suggestions?

Guest beatle

Thanks, I'll pick some up next time I'm at Home Despot. Any reason to pick up more Aquamend while I'm there?

I put a dab of handibond on the plug->aquamend->handibond-> rock. A bit of glue really holds the stuff down and the putty conforms to the plug and rocks profile. So yes, I would get more aquamend. Any SG gel works good, aquamend is just cheapo. CVS brand is pretty good for the price too.

I use that 2 part epoxy where you'd squeeze the two parts together until they become one. I then put it on the frag and press it onto the rock. It looks sorta like chewing gum when it gets squeeze between the frag and rock. Does anyone use something similar and how does it work for you? I notice for me sometime it works and sometime it falls off after a few weeks, then I had to try to reapply it again.

I use that 2 part epoxy where you'd squeeze the two parts together until they become one. I then put it on the frag and press it onto the rock. It looks sorta like chewing gum when it gets squeeze between the frag and rock. Does anyone use something similar and how does it work for you? I notice for me sometime it works and sometime it falls off after a few weeks, then I had to try to reapply it again.

That's Aquamend :)

So yes, I would get more aquamend. Any SG gel works good, aquamend is just cheapo. CVS brand is pretty good for the price too.

I used to use the CVS brand SGG but switched to the stuff from the GB of bigger tubes.

I'll go back to CVS brand when this runs out because I think it actually preforms better.

Those little tubes are just too small, but ultimately worth it long term mounting.

JMO

Is that what they are. All this time I bought them from BRK and didn't even know what they're called. LOL

James,

There are a lot of different brands, but they are all the same. Even the ones you see on those TV infomercials are the same thing :)

James,

There are a lot of different brands, but they are all the same. Even the ones you see on those TV infomercials are the same thing :)

I finally took a look at the box of the epoxy and lo and behold, it's Aquascape. I'm so used to going to BRK and have Johnny handing me the box without me looking at the name of it. LOL