Pest Pico

dshnarw

This has to be a first. :bb:

therre are toilets with aquariums BUILT into it

there has to be something bad aout that, with all the ammonium in your bathroom

i heard that by flushing your toliet you aerosolize some of the chemicals, so always close your toliet seat

Just make sure the lamp doesn't fall into your bathtub while you're in there - BZZAT! :bounce:

Just make sure the lamp doesn't fall into your bathtub while you're in there - BZZAT! :bounce:

I'm not much for baths...showers are more manly ;) That's a temp light until the clamp-on light gets here.

I also have a glass top I put on when cleaning and such, and if it starts causing issues when cleaning, I can always just pick it up and move it for a minute...only weighs 30 lbs or so.

I don't have to top off very often, which is nice - steam from the shower condenses enough to take care of it most days.

i heard that by flushing your toliet you aerosolize some of the chemicals, so always close your toliet seat

Woah! What did YOU have for lunch? :eek:

Woah! What did YOU have for lunch? :eek:

haha maybe i phrased that wrong, but we kinda sorta discussed it in molbio. though i kinda came in on the second half of t he discussion... but idk...

well, i guess if the tank crashes, I know why ;)

but at least I'll have only killed a pest crab and some pest anemones :lol: I can't imagine anyone would get too upset over that. :why:

I've seen pictures somewhere online of toilet aquariums... someone will have to look that up

I've seen pictures somewhere online of toilet aquariums... someone will have to look that up

http://www.fishnflush.com/ :bb:

I got the *real* light fixture today. Much nicer - bluer color from the actinic (makes the majanos look much brighter green/pink), clips onto the side of the glass, so no worries about it killing me in the shower.

Yep...and not just chemicals get aerosolized...

Did you see the Mythbusters episode where they left some toothbrushes in a typical bathroom for a month and tested them later? They found fecal coliform on all the toothbrushes...even some they kept in the office.

:eek:

Yep...and not just chemicals get aerosolized...

Did you see the Mythbusters episode where they left some toothbrushes in a typical bathroom for a month and tested them later? They found fecal coliform on all the toothbrushes...even some they kept in the office.

:eek:

Yikes! How disgusing is that?

Yikes! How disgusing is that?

well, considering that every time you pass gas, you release a bit into the air it's not so surprising (and if you smell it...guess where else it ended up ;) ) Sorry for the disgusting moment, but fun gross science facts are fun to pass along, and one reason why I'm not overly concerned by it (especially with a pest tank).

you don't even WANT to know what you can find on your hands :eek:

yup i have too!! :)

well, considering that every time you pass gas, you release a bit into the air it's not so surprising (and if you smell it...guess where else it ended up ;) ) Sorry for the disgusting moment, but fun gross science facts are fun to pass along, and one reason why I'm not overly concerned by it (especially with a pest tank).

you don't even WANT to know what you can find on your hands :eek:

omg dont even get me started... i am now a germaphobe because of my food trends class and mol bio class!!!

but just that everytime you rub your hands together you shake off skins cells grosses me out.!

back on topic... any more pics?

yup i have too!! :)

omg dont even get me started... i am now a germaphobe because of my food trends class and mol bio class!!!

but just that everytime you rub your hands together you shake off skins cells grosses me out.!

back on topic... any more pics?

:clap: Join the club...I don't mind my own germs too much, but I CANNOT STAND to shake peoples hands...makes me shudder to think about it.

I'll work on some pics tonight. Amber has been fussing for some with the new light.

(Oh hey, off topic, but good place for it - do you need any help shipping for the Valentine's day swap? Amber mentioned you might.)

• 3 weeks later...

the majannos are kinda pretty/cute

too bad they multiply like crazy

Oddly, I haven't had a new one pop up yet :why:

Anyway - found a fish eater today, thought it fit the bill:

HPIM3875.jpg

Psuedocorynactis

The guy at Roozens (whom I'd never seen there before) kept trying to talk me out of it, until I didn't flinch when we watched it catch a starfish twice it's size and attempt to swallow it. Pretty funny stuff :)