Air, Water Ice

YBeNormal

AWI advertises "Lifetime parts replacement warranty. If under normal use any system part that fails is replaced free. Free for the lifetime of the owner."

I noticed a clattering sound coming my RO/DI this weekend and sent an email to AWI late last night. Don emailed back before lunch today to tell me that he thinks the ASOV (automatic shut off valve) is wearing out. His email asked that I verify that the screws on the ASO were tight then to email him back ASAP so they could send a free replacement.

I've had my AWI RO/DI unit and booster pump since November 2005 and this is the second part that they have replaced without question or hesitation and the first part turned out to not even be defective! Two thumbs up for AWI!

AWI user as well. Haven't had any problems as of yet. But, it's good to know that they stand behind what they advertise :clap:

Edited by zoozilla

I have used AWI units since 2002. Always been very happy with their products and with their customer service. Walter and his team are top notch. Their prices are very competitive as well.

Just ordered another Typhoon III for my new setup. Did not even bother to look at other manufacturers. I know what I will get for my money. :cheers:

I found them with an internet search when buying mine. It arrived with a broken ASOV. I sent them pictures - and they not only had a replacement in the mail the same day; I was 'privy' to their internal e-mails about the reason it broke in shipping, etc. Really a great dealer.

bob

Wow, Thanks a lot Bob. I will order RO?DI from them soon. I was gonna get one at Home Depot, but this sound good.

Thanks,

Tee

--------------------------------

AWI advertises "Lifetime parts replacement warranty. If under normal use any system part that fails is replaced free. Free for the lifetime of the owner."

I noticed a clattering sound coming my RO/DI this weekend and sent an email to AWI late last night. Don emailed back before lunch today to tell me that he thinks the ASOV (automatic shut off valve) is wearing out. His email asked that I verify that the screws on the ASO were tight then to email him back ASAP so they could send a free replacement.

I've had my AWI RO/DI unit and booster pump since November 2005 and this is the second part that they have replaced without question or hesitation and the first part turned out to not even be defective! Two thumbs up for AWI!

Got my new Typhoon IIIdelivered today. They even included a few useful freebees :)

Wow, Thanks a lot Bob. I will order RO?DI from them soon. I was gonna get one at Home Depot, but this sound good.

Thanks,

Tee

--------------------------------

I wouldn't go with the Home Depot one, they do not deliver enough GPD for our purposes. Plus, for the same price (or close enough), you can get one from AWI.

Cool, I'll order from a Typhoon III soon. Do you happen to have the manual in PDF that I can have? Can you modify this to make water for drinking too? What is the freebees stuff they give you?

Thanks

Tee

------------------------------------

Got my new Typhoon IIIdelivered today. They even included a few useful freebees :)

I wouldn't go with the Home Depot one, they do not deliver enough GPD for our purposes. Plus, for the same price (or close enough), you can get one from AWI.

Cool, I'll order from a Typhoon III soon. Do you happen to have the manual in PDF that I can have? Can you modify this to make water for drinking too? What is the freebees stuff they give you?

Thanks

Tee

------------------------------------

Sure, I can pdf you a copy , PM me an e-mail addy. The T III comes with a ball valves that enables you to bypass the DI cartridge, thus making RO only for drinking purposes. As well as fast flush to clean the membrane.

Freebees are several types of hose connections, ( garden hose, kithchen faucet, saddle valve to hook to a pipe, another to hoot to a drain pipe), I did only ordered the hose connector. One type of connector (of your choice) is included in the price.

I used to have another Typhoon III years ago. I never had a problem with it. Great unit. Now that I am setting a new tank back, I went ahead and bought a nother one. You will love it

If you want to use it for RO drinking water, you will want/need an RO storage tank, extra RO tubing, a small (disposable) in-line carbon filter, and a gooseneck faucet. All of these items are available from AWI.

I have my RO/DI unit in my fish room in the basement. The RO storage tank is in the laundry room and I have RO tubing running from there into a gooseneck faucet I installed in the kitchen sink upstairs.