How's your Favia?

mogurnda

Mine lost a couple of polyps as it fell over on its side, but otherwise it's growing a bit over the edges. The acan or favia that I got at the end is doing much better, though, and is growing over the edges. It even dropped a couple of buds from damaged ends which are growing on a frag plug.

Mine is looking good, encrusted over the edges and starting a few new polyps. I need to get some rubble around it for it to grow on - looks too rectangular.

will get pics later.

Picture015.jpg

There we go. You can see that it is growing over the cut edge. My frag was pretty small. About 1 1/4" square, with cuts on all 4 sides.

Edited by gastone

NIce!

I was pleased to see the polyps start to spread out, making the coral look less like a piece of brick.

I can't remember who we should thank. BRK?

BRK was nice enough to donate the peice. They wanted to do a bit more to make this a frag growing contest with a prize, but the way the "fest" became a free for all...

I have beat my peice up, poor lighting and water quality in QT, and it is laying on it's side, but still growing.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to take pics of it, so I'll just pots one with it in the frame.

Under the monti, on the right. One of the cut corner's is facing the camera, so you can see how it's encrusted nicely over the edge.

HPIM3713.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New shot:

Top is a bit lacking in color because it's been under a monti ledge. Finally decided to move the monti back a bit once this guy brought out the sweepers and blasted a couple inches of the monti.

IMG_0609.jpg

Mine was the smallest frag - just one polyp... But it seems to be doing fairly well now:

christmas%20favia.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bob