Painting Stand and Canopy...

ASaleem91

I plan on painting my stand and canopy either this weekend or next. The stand and canopy are both black right now and I am planning to paint them white. Would I have to sand the stand and canopy or could I just put two layers of white paint on them???

Thanks,

Ali

How good is the lighting in your room? I've got pretty bad "accent" lighting around my tank... therefore I just repainted without sanding. This would probably drive some of our true craftsmen crazy.

Garrett.

A good coat of Kilz and two coats of paint and you should be good. Are you brushing or spraying the paint on? Oh yeah and a top coat of poly to keep the salt creep from getting under the paint, trust me the sealing the stand and canopy will make it last alot longer.

get it at Home Dumpo or Lowes.

LOL

I hate that place but they have everything I need at really good prices and they're only 9 miles away.

Wait - I think I love that place now.

I just went to a sign shop and asked them to cut a 48" piece of black vinyl for me. Used soapy water, applied vinyl and squeegeed out the air bubbles.

Should be about $10 and looks PERFECT.

I just went to a sign shop and asked them to cut a 48" piece of black vinyl for me. Used soapy water, applied vinyl and squeegeed out the air bubbles.

????? :why: I can understand if you're referring to using that as a tank background, but this thread is about painting a stand and canopy.

????? :why: I can understand if you're referring to using that as a tank background, but this thread is about painting a stand and canopy.

HA! whoopsies.

I was searching about tank backgrounds and through one thread or another I ended up posting on this one.

Edited by magnetic1