testosterone fueld topic.... how big is yours....

madmax7774

I was having a discussion with some wamas folks the other day, when we were moving Rocko's new tank into his basement, and we were wondering who had the biggest tank. That then evolved into who has what sized tank. so I will start the Thread off.

How big is your display in US gallons? (none of that silly metric crap!)

How many gallons do you have total (with sumps and frags tanks, etc.)

mine is 110G display with ~35G sump for a whopping 145G total...

:clap:

ill play. i have a 180 gal display 100 gal sump a 20 gal fuge and a 2 gal hang on fuge= about 300 gallons

300 display + 150 sump + 50 sump + 50 sump + 150 sump (filled about 2/3) = around 650 gallons or so. If you add in school tanks...

Already know that Dan and Ocean Arcade have me beat, hands down...

What about allowing for water displacement? 500 gallons of my water is displaced by the thousands of tons of rock, soil, buildings, and concrete that stand between me and the tropical ocean.

Are we talking single systems or the total volumn of all systems together? For example if someone has a system in the basement and a system in the kid's room, that's 2 separate volumns of water.

Ok so I'm just trying to think of things to say in leiu of only having about 95 at home... 65 + 30 sump/fuge (in a 38g tank), and only 16 at work. Small potatos.

I honestly don't know how people are able to manage a system that has a display of over 100g - I don't think I could do it even if I had a place for it. I saw Eve's 300gal the other day - blows me away!

I honestly don't know how people are able to manage a system that has a display of over 100g - I don't think I could do it even if I had a place for it. I saw Eve's 300gal the other day - blows me away!

Forest,

If you ask Eve and others whom had had multiple separate systems, they will most probably agree that a single large system is much easier to maintain and much more stress free than multiple smaller system due to more stability due to larger water volume in a single system. Less water changes, etc....

KLee

Forest,

If you ask Eve and others whom had had multiple separate systems, they will most probably agree that a single large system is much easier to maintain and much more stress free than multiple smaller system due to more stability due to larger water volume in a single system. Less water changes, etc....

KLee

Oh, I know 1 system of any size is better than multiple systems. Who is it that has all the tanks in a string with siphons? Very interesting arrangement.

300 display + 150 sump + 50 sump + 50 sump + 150 sump (filled about 2/3) = around 650 gallons or so. If you add in school tanks...

Already know that Dan and Ocean Arcade have me beat, hands down...

Having seen Dave's setup - I think he deserves a special prize of some sort. He really DOES have 650 gallons for a 300-gallon display. And it all looks like some kind of Rube Goldberg contraption, with the pipes running all over the place.

bob

Having seen Dave's setup - I think he deserves a special prize of some sort. He really DOES have 650 gallons for a 300-gallon display. And it all looks like some kind of Rube Goldberg contraption, with the pipes running all over the place.

bob

is this the one with the pipes going across the ceiling or is that someone else?