anybody use oceanic or seachem

jamal

i am trying to see what peoples experience is with these two salts. the good the bad an the ugly. the reef mixes only

I use Oceanic, although only in my new tank which has been setup for a few months now. Before that I have only used IO. So far it seems to be excellent, definitly better calcium levels than IO without question.

I use Oceanic, although only in my new tank which has been setup for a few months now. Before that I have only used IO. So far it seems to be excellent, definitly better calcium levels than IO without question.

Do you know if it also comes in a 200 gal box like IO?

James

i was going to go with oceanic but i was warned against it by a credible source so i might try seachem at some point. there is a picture of a bucket but i dont know if it comes in a bucket

Have used SeaChem reef salt and switched due to low alk and calcium......strange because those elements are supposed to be higher them most other salts.....not worth it......just go with IO......

IO had similar problems in the past and I'm sure all companies have a bad batch once in a while. What really matters is how they deal with the situation once it is identified. The real lesson learned here is to check levels with every new container of marine mix no matter what the brand name is.