steveoutlaw's 65g all-in-one

Downgraded to a tank that's easy to keep while I travel. I bought a 65g with no overflows. I'm putting on a Deltec MCE600 hang on skimmer and a medium CPR Aquafuge. I'm using a 6x39w TEK T5 fixture with 2 super actinics, 3 aquablue plus and one daylight bulb. Flow is 2 Tunze nanostream 6055s with a dual controller. Finally, I'm using a tank mounted ATO from autotopoff.com running my top off water through my kalk reactor. Here are some pics of the tank before it was put together:

I did a one day, quicky stand build:

65gAll-in-one011.jpg

Tank with aquafuge hanging on it:

65gAll-in-one012.jpg

Skimmer being broken in on my 26g:

65gAll-in-one014.jpg

Lights and legs......still in the box:

65gAll-in-one013.jpg

More to come soon.

Some pics of the tank set up:

Tank and stand:

TankandStand.jpg

Actinics only:

FullTank-Actinics.jpg

All lights:

FullTank.jpg

Under the stand (I still have some wire organization to do)

UnderneaththeStand.jpg

treesprite - I'm debating whether I should get a blue background or just let it cover in corraline. I'm definately not going to paint it, but I may put some sort of covering on it.

rio - That is a full size pvc check valve. I just took it down to a JG fitting on each end.

Jason - That is a Deltec MCE600. It's good for up to a 200g tank.

That is a full size pvc check valve. I just took it down to a JG fitting on each end.

Does that work with the reduced flow? My experience with check valves is that they tend to work only with a significant amount of flow to close the swing valve completely.

Does that work with the reduced flow? My experience with check valves is that they tend to work only with a significant amount of flow to close the swing valve completely.

It worked fine when it was just going into the sump. However, now it has to go up 3 feet and the MJ 1200 is having a hard time. I'm currently looking for a pump to replace it......maybe a mag3 or mag 5.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Got a RBTA from Chip and some Frags from Bob yesterday (remember, my camera sucks):

RBTA

RBTA2.jpg

RBTA1.jpg

Orange Digi

OrangeDigi.jpg

Blue Xenia

BlueXenia.jpg

Acans

Acans.jpg

Blue Eye Kole Tang

BlueEyeKoleTang.jpg

Edited by steveoutlaw