Help with a new Copperband

FishWife

they are talking about aiptasia which is nuisance anemone. Feather dusters are worms that live in tubes.... I have never heard of the fish eating those, however they are actually a good thing because they filter stuff out of the water.

Forrest - I've heard that CBB's eat feather dusters. Valid question - do they eat them all, or just pick at a few?

bob

Forrest - I've heard that CBB's eat feather dusters. Valid question - do they eat them all, or just pick at a few?

bob

Interesting. Would they be something that might entice a copperband to eat from the rock in efforts to get it to eat aiptasia?

Interesting. Would they be something that might entice a copperband to eat from the rock in efforts to get it to eat aiptasia?

These could very well entice a CB to eat and it when it does, it will eat them.

Will it eat every single one, it could conceiably eat every single one, but it also might miss a few too.

I used the good old fashion lime powder mix with ro/di water. Fill the liquid with a syringe, aim and shoot straight at the aitapsia mouth. 5-10 minutes work and a few of them on the rock are all gone. Give it a/multiple generous shot at the mouth(s). You'll see the aitapsia body collapse instantly.

I used the good old fashion lime powder mix with ro/di water. Fill the liquid with a syringe, aim and shoot straight at the aitapsia mouth. 5-10 minutes work and a few of them on the rock are all gone. Give it a/multiple generous shot at the mouth(s). You'll see the aitapsia body collapse instantly.

Marcia,

do you want me to look in my tank for a non-crucial small piece of rock with dusters that you could borrow? Can't guarantee I'll find one because the clowns drastically re-distrubted the sand, but I can certainly look. If I do find one, I can just swing it by to you.

upon investigation it appears that I would have to disrupt the rockwork to take one with more than just a couple dusters. So that takes out that idea.