finally some pics

treesprite

not the greatest pictures, but at least there are some now.

This is a 16 gallon tank, with 5" of the length sectioned off for sump & fuge. Using a DSB, caulerpa/chaeto, fluval 305 with just liverock in it (intake in the sump, outflow in the display), Zoo Med powersweep, and PC lighting. Soon to be adding an automatic feeder so I won't have to rely on co-workers when I'm not around.

Occupants are 4 baby clowns from Ric (Wreck), 5 or 6 hermit crabs, and 5 or 6 astrea snails, and a leather coral frag of some sort from the frag fest. What I need are some corals to put in there, that are ok with just PC lights. There are some tiny specs of coraline starting... can't wait till that back wall and the divider are covered over!

So here are the pictures:

Front of tank. The left side you see the sectioned of fuge/sump area. Caulerpa in the front hides the equipment in the sump behind it.

front-1.jpg

End view as from door into my office:

end.jpg

Fuge & sump end view. There is an airstone skimmer, a heater, and the intake for the fluval 305 in there.

sumpfuge.jpg

Extra lighting:

window.jpg

Power center upside down under tank:

pwr.jpg

Fluval 305 that has liverock in it:

fluvlr.jpg

Random shot of my office, home to nano:

office.jpg

Edited by treesprite

Looking Good :clap: How many watts of PC lighting are you running? Shouldn't be too long before things get covered up with coraline.

Edited by zoozilla

Thanks. Nice to finally have pictures people can see what I'm talking about.

PC is 40W dual daylight and 40w dual actinic... it's a 20" Current USA fixture bought from Hung a while back.

I thought a 16 gallons would be a bow front. I like the fuge/skimmer area. Hows the air driven skimmer working.

I wish it was a bowfront, but no.

That skimmer is a zillion years old - when I got it, these things were still popular. I cut the bottom off because it was too tall for this tank, but it seems to work better shorter. I get gunk in this thing, and icky dirty water. They work well enough to make them better than no skimmer at all, if adjusted constantly and if not too small for the volumn and stocking (the volumn ratings are too high). I was either going to use this or use no skimmer due to expense... this was after all supposed to be a cheap, quick and easy nano.

cool! I love the built-in fuge!

T

Thanks.

Here's a tip. If you ever do something like that, or build a sump with acrylic, don't skimp on the acrylic by getting thinner for cheaper price. My water level is lower in the sump/fuge section which caused the silicone holding it to tear, so now the water is going in from along the edge instead of over the overflow teeth, which means there is no surface skimming and any particles in the water are staying on the display side. I keep forgetting to bring something with me to fix it (only thing I can think of is putty which will set under water, which is going to be ugly but I'm not taking the tank down just for that).

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tank!

thanks.

I just re-did the rockwork the other day. I put 3 peppermint shrimp in it last week. I'm getting a pink/white duster for it soon (waiting on group buy delivery), and will be chopping the xenia at home to put a branch in here. I need some mushrooms to put in it. I'm not going to put zoas in it as planned because I put the pepps in there and they may eat them.