input on Tunze Nanostreams

tonkadawg

I'm thinking about updating/upgrading my circ pumps for my 16 gallon nano. Currently I'm running a Seio M620 and a Rio 90. I'm turning the tank over about 59 times per hour with this set up. The Rio is at the top for surface aggitation and the Seio sits around mid way down on the right side.

Right now I'm leaning towards 2 Tunze Nanostream 6025's. I love the size (especially compared to the Seios) and the way they can be mounted. I'd replace the Seio and put the other on the lower left back wall of the tank.

I'd like to hear feed back, user experiences etc..

Thanks!

Matt

I didn't find one, but anyone know if the 6025s can be hooked up to a controller? If not, anyone know if Tunze is planning on one?

dumb question I know, but are they like other pumps that you can break apart and clean?

Yep, easy to clean.

I've got one 6025 and I love it. I also got a couple of these: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=Maxijet

for my maxijet 900s. Absolutely awesome. More flow than an unmodded tunze nano and pretty bulletproof to date. I tried making numerous stream mods on my maxijets previously and I could only get one of them to work with any degree of reliability. The sure flow kit is nice.

Garrett.

I have 1 6025 in my 20 gallon and it does just fine for me. Only the 6055 can be hooked up to a controller but I have my 6025 hooked up to my ac jr so it shuts off when my lights go out to simulate a calm night. I also have used a stream kit and I think that may be overkill for just 16 gallons but if your looking for a lot of flow at a good price that is a good way to go. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but I think one 6025 should be more than enough. Is your tank bb??

when I first set up the tank, I had a modded MJ (I think it was a 1200). No matter where I put the pump, sand blew all over the place. So with that in mind, I know that anything near or more than 1000gph is too much for my tank.

I guess one option that I have (since Tunze doesn't have a controller for the 6025) is that I can hook both of them up to my controller (not installed) and let that cycle them on and off.

when I first set up the tank, I had a modded MJ (I think it was a 1200). No matter where I put the pump, sand blew all over the place. So with that in mind, I know that anything near or more than 1000gph is too much for my tank.

I guess one option that I have (since Tunze doesn't have a controller for the 6025) is that I can hook both of them up to my controller (not installed) and let that cycle them on and off.

I've got 2 6025s in my 29gal tank, I love them, there is also good support for these items. I recently had a bracket break (poorly made IMO), I posted on RC Tunze forum, and Roger (Tunze Rep) is sending me a new one free of charge.

One thing to keep in mind, I think the Tunze's can only be turned on/off every 15 minutes otherwise it voids warranty.

HTH.

Ball Joint Mounting Bracket with Suction Cups?!! and how long to you think they will hold before you have to brake out the glue/alternative mounting bracket

on my 90 I have the following

2x 6025 w/ full flow mod (thanks to reef central)

1x 6045 w/ full flow mod (thanks to reef central)

1x 6055 (one day will get another and a aquasurf for my ac3)

great flow

all the nano-streams are at different levels in the tank and pushing water at different angles....

I had a mj1220 mod (thanks to mjmods.com) what worked great but heated up the water (just like all maxi-jet 1200s) but the tunze pumps to not seem to have as much heat radiating from them.

wish pockets were deeper :-)

Edited by kngfisher

Ball Joint Mounting Bracket with Suction Cups?!! and how long to you think they will hold before you have to brake out the glue/alternative mounting bracket

I had a mj1220 mod (thanks to mjmods.com) what worked great but heated up the water (just like all maxi-jet 1200s) but the tunze pumps to not seem to have as much heat radiating from them.

Gulfstream over Sureflow-

- better quality shroud

- ball mount is higher quality

- interchangeable props

Magnet mount is in the works, not sure of ETA. DIY mag mounts $20 as opposed to $25 to $35 for sureflow.

Of course the MJ's add more heat, they're in a different league of the Tunze Nano's. Even a medium flow GS kit is some 200gph more than a 6055. With a high flow kit the GS is closer to double.

Tunze 6055 = 1,453gph @ 18w

Maxi-jet 1200 = 1,600gph @ 20w

Even better -

Maxi-jet 900 w/ medium kit = 1,600gph @ 8.5 watts

OR

Maxi-jet 1200 w/ high flow kit = 2,500gph @ 20 watts

Aside from being able to control them Tunze pumps are neither particularly efficient or cost effective.