mixing chromis

treesprite

I have this lone chromis and I'm wondering if it would easily school along with a different type of small chromis, because it's a Vanderbilt and those aren't very commonly found. I just don't like seeing it alone.

First thought comes to me, chromis belongs to damsel family and most chromises are school fishes. Therefore, this beautiful vanderbilt probably is OK with a school of green and blue chromises, very similar shape; especially, the green would look somewhat similar color. Make sure you have a school of at least 5 or more; otherwise, they will pick on each other too much, creating stress.

i really don't want more than 1 other one. If they will pick on each other, maybe I should leave it to itself. I just thought it might fare better if there were 2 of them. There were 4 but 3 died in QT.

I dunno about other kinds but the blue reef chromis and green (or blue-green... you know the commmon ones) do NOT get along. I tried it in a big tank (1,000+ gallons) so you would think there was enough room for them to spread out... no luck.

he can just live by himself. I found him in the overflow a few hours ago anf had to turn everything off, take the thing off the tank, carefully hold it over a bucket and pour the fish out with the water. The CPR overflow boxes have overlapping narrow chanels sort of, so it's the only way to do it... I was afraid the fish would get stuck in there. Found a couple snails in there too. Now there's a piece of eggcrate over the opening.