Lanman 225-gallon tank build

lanman

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not good enough with photoshop to put Doug's head on this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIKING-HAT-Huge-Plush-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Bob - is the tank staying there, or are you somehow going to haul both into some other room?

That's where it stays... Yes, I intend to clean up the area around it :) The whole room looks like that right now - the tank takes up all the spare space. Maybe I'll hang some oceanscapes on the wall... :)

bob

Eight of us managed to muscle the tank up onto the stand. I found out after everyone let that I need to move it about 1/2" ... but I have hydraulic jacks for little stuff like that!

IMG_1080.jpg

I guess the next step will have to be building a canopy - seeing as I'm still waiting for the sump. I ordered some 'ready lights' for it; so I need some place to hang them.

You know.... if you look hard enough - you can almost see corals and fish in it already!!

IMG_1083.jpg

bob

Edited by lanman

you still haven't explained the viking helmet leaf erikson

Maybe I don't understand the question... wanna drop by and ask again??

IMG_1093.jpg

bob

But you have a well Bob, that doesn't apply to you!! :biggrin:

Don't you hate people rushing you?? :clap:

It has to kind of all come together at once... canopy, lights, plumbing... or it just won't work.

bob

Halfdan the Black or Thorfinn Skullsplitter ?

Thought the Water restrictions only covered us Manassas City dwellers, i'm sure filling your Nano wouldn't put much of a dent in the almost 3 billion gallons in Lake Manassas at the moment :biggrin: .

Nice setup Bob

*swoon*

MY........ what BIG two-handed swords you have there, Lanman!! ;)

are they authentic or custom made?? They look more Medieval than Viking...... correct?

*swoon*

MY........ what BIG two-handed swords you have there, Lanman!! ;)

are they authentic or custom made?? They look more Medieval than Viking...... correct?

Modern-made. One of them is from Lord of the Rings; the other is of unknown origin. I do have some authentic ones - but they aren't nearly as pretty.

bob

Stained (stain is still a little wet), but not yet varnished. Obviously I'm no YBenormal - but I think it will do for now.

IMG_1210.jpg

Fresh water test tomorrow evening. Everyone cross fingers - moving a tank can be rather stressful! On the tank, too!

bob

Obviously I'm no YBenormal - but I think it will do for now.

Are you kidding? That looks great! It also matches the cabinets in the room.

Fresh Water test day! The tank is completely full now - right up to the overflow (plus a few drops over it).

(not in the picture - only half full)

IMG_1216.jpg

No leaks so far! I'll let it sit overnight. Anyone know a model willing to do some mermaid pictures in my tank?

bob

One coat of polyurethane. I will probably put on a 2nd coat.

IMG_1231.jpg

Also - draining the tank of fresh water. No leaks.

bob

One coat of polyurethane. I will probably put on a 2nd coat.

IMG_1231.jpg

Also - draining the tank of fresh water. No leaks.

bob

If you undo that pipe cap I suspect you may have a bit of a leak, j/k stand looks awesome!

If you undo that pipe cap I suspect you may have a bit of a leak, j/k stand looks awesome!

I hope not... there's another one just like it on the inside. Just in case I decide to add a closed-loop later. I'd like to think I can take the outside one off, do the plumbing, and THEN take the one inside off and put on the drains.

bob

I installed an in-line pressure booster pump, hoping to increase my production of RO/DI water. It's been running almost 24 hours, and produced a whole 10 gallons. I could do that on a good day withOUT the booster pump. Any ideas??

IMG_1232.jpg

bob