RBTA has split!! how to question...

madmax7774

Well, my prized "chip's RBTA" has split, and is doing very well. The old one has moved around to the front of the tank where I can see him (finally!), and the new one is still on the backside of my rock tower. I have promised one of the colonies to a good friend, but I have absolutely no idea how to convince it to let go of the rock so I can move him to his new home. Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to be very careful with this anenome, as I want to make sure I do not injure it while detaching it. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

John

:clap:

You can try pointing a protected powerhead at it.

You can try the ice cubes held at the base method

You can try lifting the rock out of the tank and letting it hand until it lets go (can take half hour)

You can try chiseling just behind the base

If all else fails, most people could breath on it first thing in the morning, causing it to curl up and fall off instantly.

Still want the cap?

Either trade/sell entire rock it's on or chisel the base... those are your best options (from experience).

Dave

sometimes they can be easily peeled off the rock

Oh my god! I wish I had a video camera to film Bruce(bbyatv) Since he is a smaller guy than I am, I had him clinbing up onto my tank stand to reach down in and disassemble my rock tower one rock at a time so we could gently scrape the anenome off the rock it was attached to. What a sight to see poor Bruce balanced up that high diving into my tank up to his shoulders!!! Thankfully the anenome was able to be gently scraped from the rock, and I hear it has already attached itself to a rock in his tank. He will be starting his own thread to show the anenome off. And as always, credit goes to Chip (flowerseller) for graciously allowing me to have one of the children from his RBTA. These truly are the best RBTA's around. Thanks Chip!

:cheers: