How do you mount your pH controller probe??

jnguyen4007

I'm curious to know where and how you guys mount your pH controller probe. Do you guys use a ziptie to tie it onto something like a submersible pump? Dan is making a bunch of holders for it, but he probably won't be done with them for another few weeks.

James

I just have them dangling in my sump... I just moved them to my refugium (in my sump) and they are surrounded by macroalgae which holds them in place. Although, I never had issues with them when they were just laying in my sump either.

I just have them dangling in my sump... I just moved them to my refugium (in my sump) and they are surrounded by macroalgae which holds them in place. Although, I never had issues with them when they were just laying in my sump either.

Doesn't the top of the probe have to remain about couple of inches out of the water? I heard that its not supposed to be submersed or wet.

Doesn't the top of the probe have to remain about couple of inches out of the water? I heard that its not supposed to be submersed or wet.

I don't recall reading or hearing that or I'm sure I would have made a mount for it to ensure that it wouldn't. Both my pH probes (american Marine Pinpoint and AquaController JR.) are fully submerged and have been for 1 year and 6 months respectively. I've never had any issues with either of them.

I contacted Miwaukee tech support dept and they said that the probe can be submersed all the way up to the black section on top of the probe. In another word, it's not fully submersible. I will have to see if I can make something that can hold it then.

Edited by jnguyen4007

I'm curious to know where and how you guys mount your pH controller probe. Do you guys use a ziptie to tie it onto something like a submersible pump? Dan is making a bunch of holders for it, but he probably won't be done with them for another few weeks.

James

I have mine dangling in my overflow... That way I can just move it over and dangle it in my frag tank to check the pH there (separate system).

bob

one quick solution is to get some of the "mold-a-holder" material and make a probe holder is a similar fashion as you do a float valve holder.

material can be cut w/ scissors and then molded to fit any sump/tank/etc by just heating the material in a glass of hot water

I know BRK has some last time I was out there

mold-a-holder

Edited by kngfisher

Marine depot makes some clamps that have suction cups attached that works well. Cheap too