Any way to shut up an ATO?

lanman

I set up the ATO that I won at the BRK party - it has an audible alarm anytime the pump is on. Fortunately, I'm almost deaf in that frequency range - but it drives everyone else nuts. Anyone know how to shut it up?

bob

Snip a wire to what ever creates the noise?

I'm considering it... (cut the RED wire! cut the RED wire!)

bob

From the marine depot product site:

"Q: Can the Audible Alert be turned off?

A: Yes, it can be turned off if the "Speaker Buzzer" is removed from the circuit board."

From the marine depot product site:

"Q: Can the Audible Alert be turned off?

A: Yes, it can be turned off if the "Speaker Buzzer" is removed from the circuit board."

Oh, great... there isn't even a wire - it's right on the circuit board. If it's one of those little plastic beepers, I'll bet I can almost silence it by sticking a piece of chewing gum in the hole in the front. Or electrician's tape.

Thanks for the info!

bob

Oh, great... there isn't even a wire - it's right on the circuit board. If it's one of those little plastic beepers, I'll bet I can almost silence it by sticking a piece of chewing gum in the hole in the front. Or electrician's tape.

Thanks for the info!

bob

let me know what you end up doing. i plan to get one real soon. Other than the sound, do you like yours??

let me know what you end up doing. i plan to get one real soon. Other than the sound, do you like yours??

I only set it up two days ago; it seems to work just fine so far. I noticed that when it was very close to needing to refill the sump that it was turning on and off a lot - obviously the float is very sensitive, and the little bit of water motion in the sump was switching it back and forth.

bob

I only set it up two days ago; it seems to work just fine so far. I noticed that when it was very close to needing to refill the sump that it was turning on and off a lot - obviously the float is very sensitive, and the little bit of water motion in the sump was switching it back and forth.

bob

The same thing happens to the one I built into my nano, when I magfloat the glass it goes insane. At least that way I know the 9v is still charged.

Bummer about the buzer being integrated, that is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Can you pop the relay out and disassemble everything? I could post pictures of exactly what I've done, to suppliment the new instructions at aquahub. There really isn't a lot going on to the float switch\relay\ATO build.

jp

lol, oops, or just pop it off.

Man there are a lot of parts in the box, that's not just an ATO is it?

BOB- it's explained here

http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_ato_faqs.html

Well, that's simple enough :)

bob

lol, oops, or just pop it off.

Man there are a lot of parts in the box, that's not just an ATO is it?

Yeah - it has three different modes of operation, and of course it has to operate all of the lights and the sonic beeper, and switch 110v off and on.

bob

I set up the ATO that I won at the BRK party - it has an audible alarm anytime the pump is on. Fortunately, I'm almost deaf in that frequency range - but it drives everyone else nuts. Anyone know how to shut it up?

bob

Bob, None of mine have ever made that sound, are you using mode A or B?

JOhn

Bob, None of mine have ever made that sound, are you using mode A or B?

JOhn

Mode A... Unless you have good hearing, you might just never have noticed.

bob

If the sensor is sensitive, try attaching a 3" pipe to the side of the sump that goes about 6" below the surface of the water. Put the sensor inside the pipe. This way, the water in the pipe is relatively still compared to the rest of the surface and will not trigger the sensor that frequently.