Roadtrip to Atlantis Aquarium

Guest Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

Hey I just saw Marvin's post on their plans to take down the large display tank in their old store (moving to a bigger and better store). He is asking for volunteers to help with the tear down and perhaps get some frags to boot. I would be very interested in making the road trip to Richmond to help out and get some frags. Anyone else?

Guest Bemmer

I have a Toyota Sequoia so I could hold up to seven additional people beside myself.

Guest Bemmer

It is on Sunday, July 15 at 12 noon. I would like to leave around 10 a.m. or so. I forget how long it takes to get there. I will look into it. Depending on interest we can have a couple of meeting points so I can pick up people along the way.

Guest Undercoverdork

I'll have to check, but i think i would be interested in going.

Tim K

So we work on the weekend for free? Sounds like my regular job :biggrin:

I'm in if the hours are reasonable.

(edited)

I'm interested, but it depends on whether or not my car is fixed by then - I don't want any heavy traffic overheating mess like today! I would want to pool a ride with someone, but would still have to get to that ride.

Edited by treesprite

I would be interested in going as well if I am free. I can carry a few people if you are smokers. I've never been to the store and would love to see it before the tear down.

Sandy

Guest Bemmer

Great. We are getting lots of interest. Sounds like we could have a smokers and non-smokers ride to Richmond. As we get closer I will work on finalizing the non-smokers group.

Thanks.

Guest Undercoverdork

I would be interested in going as well if I am free. I can carry a few people if you are smokers. I've never been to the store and would love to see it before the tear down.

Sandy

i guess I'll be in the smoking section :blush:

Guest Bemmer

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

That brings up a good point. Not sure if they will be selling anything out of the store next Sunday. I will send a PM to Martin and ask. But obviously the Deltec tank will be pretty much torn down when we get there all the live stock and corals out of the tank.

R-

oh it's fine if they don't sell anything. I am not looking to buy anything. I just want to see that big tank setup before it's torn down. I saw it at MACNA empty but never got to see it setup.

I heard it was amazing.

Sandy

Guest Bemmer

Sandy,

If you want to see the tank before it is torn down, you better go now. The big display tank will be torn down by the time we get there. We are just helping with the move and picking up some "freebie" coral frags from what is left in the tank.

There are pics of the big display tank on their website...

http://www.atlantisva.com/Photos.html

I got to see it in person last year. It is an awesome tank. ;-)

Great. We are getting lots of interest. Sounds like we could have a smokers and non-smokers ride to Richmond. As we get closer I will work on finalizing the non-smokers group.

Thanks.

What are we smoking??? :bb:

Thanks, for the offers to help. If at all possible a headcount would help out greatly.Thanks in adance.

Marvin

Marvin/Bemmer ,

I'll be there for sure. I live in Fredericksburg so I'll drive down by myself since its only a 30 min drive for me. Marvin, what time are you starting? If your starting early thats cool , I'm leaving my schedule open that day.

Do we have a start time ?

Marvin/Bemmer ,

I'll be there for sure. I live in Fredericksburg so I'll drive down by myself since its only a 30 min drive for me. Marvin, what time are you starting? If your starting early thats cool , I'm leaving my schedule open that day.

Do we have a start time ?

12pm on the 15th of July. The first system is about to go online with 2000 gallons:)

Marvin

Guest Bemmer

Okay, we are only 8 days away from the road trip. I would like to get a serious "feel" for who is going by this Wednesday, so I can let Marvin know.

Thanks

R-

well, I won't be able to go. I had to take a job for that weekend. My dog tore up her $2,000.00 knee. I just had it fixed 4 months ago and I just had finished saving the money for rock for the 180 gal tank. I am sick, sick, sick about this. :-(

Sandy

Okay, we are only 8 days away from the road trip. I would like to get a serious "feel" for who is going by this Wednesday, so I can let Marvin know.

Thanks

R-

What time are you leaving/coming back?