Roadtrip to Atlantis Aquarium

Guest Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

What time are you leaving/coming back?

Scott,

Good question. I figure it will take about 2 hours to get to Richmond from I-495/I95 (have not mapped it yet)...if I am wrong, please let me know. So, I can meet folks at the Springfield exit off I-95 at around 9:45 a.m.

Now, about the return time...

I spoke with a good friend of mine, whom you may have heard me speak of a while back. He bought my large Crosshatch Trigger back in August 2006. Vince lives in Richmond and has one of the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen. It is 600 gallons and is just awesome. I am planning on taking a side trip, after the tank tear down at Atlantis, to see Vince's tank while in Richmond. He lives about 10 minutes from Atlantis. Vince and Marvin are good friends and most if not all his fish and corals are from Marvin.

So, if you are planning on riding with me...plan to take some time to see Vince's tank...

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

Scott, to answer your question...I would not plan to be back at the drop off point before 5 p.m. Could be later depending on how much everyone drools at Vince's tank. :biggrin:

Rebecca

Wow... worth a trip to Richmond by itself!

People like that inspire me... hmmm... 60-gallon water changes. I suppose I could use my 58 as a mixing tank.

bob

(edited)

Scott,

Good question. I figure it will take about 2 hours to get to Richmond from I-495/I95 (have not mapped it yet)...if I am wrong, please let me know. So, I can meet folks at the Springfield exit off I-95 at around 9:45 a.m.

Now, about the return time...

I spoke with a good friend of mine, whom you may have heard me speak of a while back. He bought my large Crosshatch Trigger back in August 2006. Vince lives in Richmond and has one of the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen. It is 600 gallons and is just awesome. I am planning on taking a side trip, after the tank tear down at Atlantis, to see Vince's tank while in Richmond. He lives about 10 minutes from Atlantis. Vince and Marvin are good friends and most if not all his fish and corals are from Marvin.

So, if you are planning on riding with me...plan to take some time to see Vince's tank...

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

Scott, to answer your question...I would not plan to be back at the drop off point before 5 p.m. Could be later depending on how much everyone drools at Vince's tank. :biggrin:

Rebecca

I'll be driving down myself but if your going to make a side trip to see that incredible tank...........Can I come :biggrin: ?

Edited by Nitro Junkie

wow sounds like a heck of time... let you know tomorrow if I can go... well thats if you don't already have to many people going so far...

I was down at Atlantis today.......................got a peek at the new store.......................very impressive set up. Lots of big tanks going up and more to come next week.

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help. I know it is a bit of a drive for most of you.... That is why I am offering a 25% discount card good for 1 year/1 time use, off of live stock in addition to some frags out of the Deltec Tank for those who help with the tank transfer. In addition I'll do a one day only/MUST pick up that day; Tropic Marin and IO salt. I will beat anyones advertized price on the 15th plus shipping...thanks in advance. How does Tropic Marin regular sound at $39.99 a 200 gallon bucket or a 200 gallon box of Instant Ocean sound at $29.99?

Marvin

Rebecca,

Count me in just let me know what time i have to show up at your house. I will ride with you :) Thanks

I just found out last night that my wife will be working this weekend and therefore I need to be home to watch our little daughter. Looks like my plan of joining you guys have gone up in smoke so I will not be able to make it.

James

Guest Bemmer

Sounds like being back at the Beltway at 5PM is optimistic (or is that pessimistic?)

But I'll go.

Okay, perhaps it might be closer to 6 p.m. I just want folks to know it will be most of the day.

Lots of folks expressing interest...

I have confirmation from:

ArtC (Art)

Alieu07 (Andy)

Nitro (Jamie - driving seperately)

For those that still checking schedules, please let me know asap if you are going.

Thanks.

Guest Undercoverdork

I will not be able to make it :(

hope you all have a grea time!

Guest Bemmer

Okay, I am going to let Marvin know that there is a total of four people from WAMAS coming down to help out with the tank move. All four will also be visiting Vince's tank after the tank move.

Thanks for your responses.

Rebecca

Be careful on 95..............driving on that road is a competitive sport. I had a rock come through my windshield from a dump truck (baseball size) when I was coming from Richmond. Very scary stuff and I was glad I was in a truck. Kept the rock as a momento :)

I also found out what happens when a semi's tires blow......................wow! a loud cannon sounding blast with smoke and 4ft. sections of rubber flying through the air...............this happening 3 min. after the rock coming through...............a friday the 13th type of day although it was Thursday the 12th for me. I gotta mark that date for the future.......LOL!!

Let me know what you guys think of the new tanks Marv has at the new store

Guest Bemmer

As a follow up to the road trip yesterday...one word..."awesome". We had a really good time (Alieu07 Andy, ArtC - Art , Nitro Junkie - Jamie and Bemmer - me). The tank and stand were out of the store in 15 minutes and over to the new location in less than 15 minutes. Total move less than 30 minutes...pretty good considering the size of the that Deltec system.

The new store is almost 4x's the size of their existing store with a whole wall of fish tanks. Several large tanks on the main floor and a large QT room in the back. It will be quite impressive when it is finished. The expect to be open in late August. Starting from scratch on all equipment at the new store so they will be having a big clearance sale on all the equipment (tanks, lights, pumps, etc) being used at the current store. I feel another road trip coming on. :bb: For our troubles we got some nice frags from the Deltec tank. A bonus was the side trip to see a 600gallon tank.

All in all a fun day was had by all!!!!

Rebecca