2.5 gallon pico from the begining

jason the filter freak

1 week later my beautiful pink LTA (I think) is alive and kicking, and a lo a miracle the orange banded prawn goby is still alive. Perhaps I'll try and add a pistole shrimp and be done stocking. I'd like to finish my 5 gal project and move into that.

1 week later my beautiful pink LTA (I think) is alive and kicking, and a lo a miracle the orange banded prawn goby is still alive. Perhaps I'll try and add a pistole shrimp and be done stocking. I'd like to finish my 5 gal project and move into that.

And then will the mantis be going in the 5? I'm really hung up on mantis for some reason.

UpDAte!

Anyone wanna ID the anem?? Please?

n209700230_30686464_9749.jpg

Fluval 1 in tank filter, with purigen, and a spray bar stolen from a cascade filter (held in by a rubber band)

n209700230_30686465_35.jpg

Unknown power head 80 gph about the size of a quarter, works great 4 3-4 watts, and an ole reliable alcohol thermometer.

n209700230_30686466_318.jpg

n209700230_30686468_901.jpg

n209700230_30686469_1143.jpg

n209700230_30686470_1393.jpg

Whole tank shot, cyano due to having to feed the goby and hermits, still no coraline growth.

n209700230_30686471_1649.jpg

n209700230_30686473_2141.jpg

n209700230_30686474_2788.jpg

Tank must be doing ok some how, heres a mushroom split.

These next 2 shots are with the t 5 off.

n209700230_30686502_289.jpg

n209700230_30686503_554.jpg

Thats all for now.

n209700230_30686501_22.jpg

migrates alot, but really looks nice it was $6 at pet co

can't go wrong for $6 :clap:

didn't know petcos sold nems. Seems to me like they wouldn't live very long there.

You would be correct Forest, under terrible water conditions and NO lighting they don't last, nor do they last in my nano as it would seem, I donated it to a school. On the other hand I reaquascaped and it looks great, I'll post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have roughly 80 (fluval filter) + 80 (power head) + 45 (power head) gph of flow in the tank, and I'm having cyano issues, I added more flow o the 55 i had and eliminated the problem it's not working with the pico... suggestions

I dealt with cyano in my 2.5 on and off while it was up and running, not while it was coral only, but after I added the yasha/pistol piar. My experience seemed to be that frequent water changes and weekly cleaning of filters kept the cyano at bay. Also keeping my mini fuge trimmed back so that new growth was encouraged helped alot. You have a canister hooked up to the system which, for added water volume, is great, but alot of detritus builds up pretty quickly in the canisters. I have one on my 30 and if I don't remove it from the system weekly and flush the entire unit, sponges and all, weekly, I can see a definate reaction from my BTA.

Syphoning off the cyano on a daily basis will definately help along with running some phosban in the cansiter. I also have started using the new Chemi-pure formulation along with the phosban in my Filstar and have noticed a dramatic reduction in nuisance algae.

Do you still have that watchman goby in that tank? I have to say, when I finally do set my 2.5 back up, I am going to go fish free and focus on just a few specific corals, and maybe a mob of sexy shrimp. I found that having the yasha haze goby in the tank and feeding him daily led to my cyano problem.

I really have missed my 2.5 since it's been down. I've been thinking about how to set up two 2.5's front to back - one main display, one fuge.

I actually have an orange banded prawn goby in the tank, and it's not intentional. I have him there because he can not go in my bigger tank (occupied by a pair of yashi haze gobies) the shrimp goby has been on the trading fourm for a while but no takers... oh well. I have two little power heads and a fluval 1 intank filter filled with purigen. I'll see if I can't get a phosphate remover in there some how.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up to 14 shrooms, some reds now, thanks to tracy, I'm looking into getting the little goby a shimp buddy now since he's lived for so long in there. The goby now eats, mysis, flake and pelleted

• 2 weeks later...

I stripped it of all corals the other night, cept a few baby mushroom polyps, I'm going to add an over flow for thee fluval 1 intank filter and I've got to figure out a better way to light it, other than that its; been weeks I'm sad to say since it's had a water change, also it's in need of new lighting I was using a 30" 50/50 pc bulb that has seemed to be burned out.

I'm going to give the goby a pistol shrim and put him in a bucket for a bit, the tank is having leaking problems