Frag Swap Winter Meeting

michaelg

Anyone bringing any Leathers to the meeting? I'm definately interested in picking up a nice piece of toad stool. Also looking for Devils hand and Colt.

I have pleanty of Green US Currency Coral to trade.

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarosh,

I have 2 small mounted leathers. One is yours if you like.

The only requirement is that you must take some anthellia :lol:

I want to pull to rocks covered with pink centered zoanthids and blue sponge from my tank. Anyone interested in them? $10 each or trade for decent sized pieces of live rock.

Michael

Quazi

Put me down for the leather, also do you have a pic?

Mike I don't think you would have a hard time getting rid of the rocks at the meeting..

Guest rennfamily

Michael: I'd be interested in a rock with the zoos for $10. Just let me know if

they're still available.

Holly

Michael, put me in line for the second zoo frag rock if its still available. LMK

Thanks,

Mike

Michael: I'd be interested in a rock with the zoos for $10. Just let me know if

they're still available.

Holly

26379[/snapback]

Guest reverai
I want to pull to rocks covered with pink centered zoanthids and blue sponge from my tank.  Anyone interested in them?  $10 each or trade for decent sized pieces of live rock.

Michael

26351[/snapback]

Michael

I'm interested as well. I can give you a nice sized piece of live rock softball sized or of course, $10. Send me an email if you are interested.

Thanks

Steve

Guest mkprice

Hi!I'm new to the hobby - have been taking care of a 125g FOWLR tank at work the last 9 months and I just set up a 24g nano cube a few weeks ago. It should be pretty well cycled by now - first fish are coming the beginnig of the week.

If anyone has a few hardy softies for free or for cash, I would be appreciative! I don't have anything to trade yet, but I'll work on that.

I hope to make it to the meeting - can you join there or do you have to join before hand?

TIA,

Michele

I will bring what is in that corner of the tank. There will be plent of loose zoanthids as well, Might be 3 rocks. Also, I will have some xenia that has started shading my anenome tank. Nice healthy stalks. Michele, I will welcome you to the club with great coral to test that tank with, maybe a couple.

I don't know what I'd do without these meetings some times to cut back the corals.

:lol:

Michael

I don't know what I'd do without these meetings some times to cut back the corals. 

:lol:

Michael

26428[/snapback]

i think the 1st thing that would happen is to invest in AGA stock then built an addition then aquariums...........

i think i have more aquariums then i know what to do with... when they all get water in them im in trouble :63: my wife is going to kill me quick send :help:

Oh Yeah, to answer your Question about joining Michele, you can join at the door or pay $6 for the meeting. In addition to full access to the website that membership offers, most of the "group buys" are done in the members only area, and some local stores offer a discount. Seriously- I think the vast majority of the membership feels that their dues are well spent. We only do formal meetings quarterly, but we really try to bring in the best speakers around.

Oh Yeah, to answer your Question about joining Michele, you can join at the door or pay $6 for the meeting.  In addition to full access to the website that membership offers, most of the "group buys" are done in the members only area, and some local stores offer a discount.  Seriously- I think the vast majority of the membership feels that their dues are well spent.  We only do formal meetings quarterly, but we really try to bring in the best speakers around.

26442[/snapback]

here here!! just the support alone year round from this group is more than well worth the yearly membership dues! i dont think there was a speaker that i didnt like either, they are all very informative, i know i learned alot.

Guest mkprice

Thanks for the welcome - I had planned on joining anyway, I will do so at the meeting. Yearly dues to WAMAS will likely be the cheapest fish related expenditure this year :D .

Looking forward to the meeting!

Guest BuddhaFish

Hello...

ive never been to a frag swap with you guys but im excited :)

all i know is that im bringing money (hopefully i run into some nice frags to buy) and that i need macro (start harvesting!) ....

Anyhow, i have a question- Does everyone just haul around a bunch of bags of corals and walk around to sell/trade? =/

Thanks

this is a new school for us, so I don't know what the layout is like. I think we have an auditorium, so most of these sorts of activities, including where DR mac will be, will probably be out in the hallway??? if so lets have everyone meet before the talks start, and then during the break. in the general area of where ever DR mac is located (which is usually swamped with people looking through his boxes of treasures.

Again, folks, please try to get some hand warmers to keep your corals warm. and double bag corals- too many times I have seen a bag that leaked water.

Try to get the trading done ahead of time- and not at the end- You don't want to miss the raffle.

At this point, I plan to open my house up right after the conclusion of the meeting for a TANK TOUR. I have a 220g h reef and lot's of DIY equipment.

I live in McLean which is about 15 mins for the meeting location.

I will give directions at the meeting and be asking for you all to look at your calendars to plan your TANK TOUR. It's a lot of fun to show your tank.

I always learn new ideas and have been in the marine hobby since 1985 with reef since 1988.

Chip

ZOOS FOR TRADE ONLY!

I have 4 small zoo frags. I am looking for other frags of different zoos. Let me know if have something. I would like to see a pic of them. Sorry for the poor picture of them but you can get an idea of size. Also have the pics of the mother colony.

OK 1 & 2 & 3 are spoken for.

zoos_trade.jpg

number 1 and 3 are from here.

100_1326.jpg

Number 2 is here

100_1295.jpg

and here is a shot of what 4 looks like. This is not the actual frag of 4. has about 3 -8 zoos on it.

brown_zoo.jpg

LEt me know.

bob

Ill take number #4, what do you want for it?

26485[/snapback]

Just to make sure you know, that is a pic of the zoos not the actual frag, the frag has bout 3-8 on it. I am look for zoos in return. You have any?

Guest goblinshark

I have some cool like blueish (really intense if you have 20ks) with orange centered zos. Like 10 polyp frag.

I have some cool like blueish (really intense if you have 20ks) with orange centered zos.  Like 10 polyp frag.

26519[/snapback]

I would love to check them out. Do you have a pic?

As there are more than a few new people, some other things I thought I would mention.

First, do not mix frags in the same bag of water. Bag each type seperately. Preferably 1 bag of each coral for each trade. Use plenty of water, but some room for air in the bag. The biggest concern on a short bagging day like this is temperature dropping too much. Don't overdo it though- people need to pack them up to get them home.

Second, if you need some guidelines with fragging or mounting, we can start another thread and talk about it. As has been alluded to, getting some of them secured can be a bit of a challenge. If you get a coral you are unsure about- ask. Placement, flow, lighting it came from, how to best mount, etc.

No one mentioned plumber's epoxy for mounting corals, but for decent sized stoney pieces, this is what I prefer to use. In the next couple days I will pin up some basics on mounting. For people receiving frags, I can recommend nothing more strongly than helping them survive than to get them secured when you get home.

For those interested, I would suggest a small aquarium notebook (or computer file) with which you write down the type of coral you are getting and who you got it from. Keeping track of some of these is a good part of the fun a year or so from now after they have grown in and you are cutting them off to share.

I believe the club still has a couple copies of calfo's "book of coral propagation" for sale. If there is a big demand, let me know immediately, and I will see if our speaker can pic up some from Anthony before he heads over here on Friday.