HOB refugiums

trble81

I probably have the most ghetto HOB around. It is a 20g elevated above my 50g. The overflow has a minijet that pumps into the 20g, which then gravity feeds back into the 50g.

Overlook the fans, I had a heating issue today.

hob_side.jpg

Overflow at the top, return at the bottom.

overflow_return.jpg

To avoid splitting seams,

I built a small stand for my big CRP fuge (24"?) back when I had one. I painted it black,

and put it behind the tank. The fuge sat on it, but appeared to be hanging on (in

fact, it was about 1/4" above the tank rim).

I sold the fuge a while ago, but still have the stand. If someone wants it, they can have it.

tim

A. Tim, if you haven't gotten rid of the stand yet, I want it. Thanks! please send PM

B. I Have the large CPR fuge on my 90g and it works very well. I have a clip-on lamp from Walmart over it. The Chaeto grows so fast it clogs the whole system and then I sell it off so I can buy more fish stuff. I've had it for 6 or more months now, no probs. Also bought it from that guy on eBay - great deal, great shipping and great product. Some day I plan to upgrade to a 20g high sump/fuge combo but am still saving up for plumbing and new skimmer, etc.

C. I also have two AquaClear 300's for sale (see fs/ft section) that could be converted, as above, into an mini HOB fuge.