My New Frag Tank and Frags (PICS)

SteveM

I finally got around to setting up a frag tank. I bought a 20 gal Long and built my own stand for it. I went with a 24" Current Nova Extreme for lighting. It has 4 T-5's, with 2x24W-Dual Daylight and 2x24W-Dual Actinic. I plumbed it all in with my main tank which is behind the wall from the frag tank. I ran all my connections through the wall which ended up working perfectly.

Her are some pics of the tank and some of the new frags I added.

FragTank1.jpg

FragTank2.jpg

Frags1.jpg

Frags2.jpg

Frags3.jpg

FragsTop1.jpg

FragZoas1.jpg

PPE.jpg

That turned out pretty good Steve! Your got the bug! Good idea with the Scopas tang because frag tanks are nitorious for algae. Prime example is mine.

Guest Bemmer

Steve,

That is a very nice frag tank. Bet your happy to get all those guys off your sandbed or rock work in your main tank...assuming that is where you had them.

You should be very happy with it. Turned out nice.

Rebecca

Guest Dr.FuManchu

Thats a nice frag tank you got there. I like how you did the light with the 2 glass panels on the sides. The frags are looking good too.

Thats a nice frag tank you got there. I like how you did the light with the 2 glass panels on the sides. The frags are looking good too.

I think Steve forgot his tape measure on that one :biggrin:

I think Steve forgot his tape measure on that one :biggrin:

HAHA... had to figure out something to get the lights to fit. 24" lights on a 30" tank just don't quite fit. LOL. Glad my wife has a glass cutter. :biggrin:

Actually i have seen better! :biggrin:

frag tank and frags look great! it's exactly like the one I'm planning to do sometime in the future